• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

Changed the oil in the shocks on the Gmade buffalo made no difference so have 2 opinion get softer springs as they are quite firm or get new shocks all together 🤔

13 minutes ago, RC4WD fan said:

Changed the oil in the shocks on the Gmade buffalo made no difference so have 2 opinion get softer springs as they are quite firm or get new shocks all together 🤔

i thought the gmade ones were pretty good, give them another try

2 minutes ago, Lone-wolf said:

i thought the gmade ones were pretty good, give them another try

They are I hade some piggyback ones years ago and were lovely and smooth but the ones in the kit have stiff springs I’ll run it for a bit just need to paint the body the extra weight might make a difference 👍

4 hours ago, Lone-wolf said:

I replaced the broken Gearbox/motor mount on the Cross AT4V transmission, in the pic you will see where 4 of the outer mounting M3 holes had broken away, leaving just a small contact area for the screw heads, so by seating the screws CAREFULLY and not using "Hulk" force its now back together and when i sell it on i will sleep at night knowing its not weak and bodged

rc.JPG

cross mount.JPG

How many turns did you back off the nut when you adjusted the clutch?

3 minutes ago, BlackSeaRC said:

How many turns did you back off the nut when you adjusted the clutch?

tightened it up then backed of i turn, not that it matters as i wont be running it, but if i do it will be on 2s lipo not 3s

Edited by Lone-wolf

21 hours ago, Lone-wolf said:

tightened it up then backed of i turn, not that it matters as i wont be running it, but if i do it will be on 2s lipo not 3s

Sounds right to me.  Hope you can find a new owner who will enjoy it!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Stormbringer said:

Well light kit for the TRX4m arrived yesterday so got it fitted today

V8x7YUa.jpg

Reversing lights

qjaq0HU.jpg

Tail lights

twpRcO3.jpg

Brake lights

nZwWZc4.jpg

Really pleased with it :good:

I need to order these,  but I really dont use the TRX4Ms 😞

• Like 2

1st drive, trimming the steering, touched a curb and snapped...
rn_image_picker_lib_temp_4d8be391-6af0-4

First feels arnt good, jittery and noisy, my cheap ftx have taken way worse and are fine 😞 hope its a once off and not a consistently weak part, otherwise wont bode well for speed running.

Also read the spur gears melt in these, i have the aftermarket speed gears, its plastic 😞 doh

Edit: Least the roller comes with 2 spare front uprights. Must be a known weak point, all fixed 😅

Edited by Redback
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

44 minutes ago, Stormbringer said:

Looks ok in the picture mate :good:

It’s ok just a couple of little bleeds around the windows do like the silver makes me think about getting another defender body for the trx4 just the clear body though not the full body kit 🤣

• Haha 1

Hardly seems worth mentioning, but I updated the firmware and the US FCC on my new Noble Pro, got it bound and setup up with the RC cars I have that run - my Rock Socker and Hobao Hyper Cage Truggy, unlike the Flysky GT5 transmitter and the included BS6 receiver, the Noble Pro not only binds with my Hobao Hyper Cage Truggy, but actually likes it, no drop outs, signal loss, or funny things happening with the transmitter - steer left and the car turns right even though it's setup for reverse steering or non reverse steering for example, and the range is amazing - I bought the US version instead of the EU version which apparently has much better range than the EU version but is naughty to use in the UK.  Took the Hobao Hyper Cage Truggy out for a spin - still can't figure out how I can mount a FPV camera to it. the open design of it means everything ''inside'' gets covered in mud and everything it really needs a polycarbonate chassis cover.

Also finished cutting out all the holes in my Rock Socker body for the lights I'm installing.  All I need to do now to finish of my Rock Socker is figure out how to mount an in car FPV camera and transmitter, print off my masking sheets, and paint the body.

Edited by Grogg

Serviced the hpi savage xs then gave it a wee bash about, gears look brand new, cups wear out pretty fast and geared for 75mph+ a blast on 2s with the 4s esc monster power! wheelies on dirt no issues.
High pressure washed and blow dryed, back on the lads shelf he wouldnt even know i had a play and maybe 20 jumps 😉 haha

Really fun little car, never regretted the purchase, hows the rs4 not as durable 😞

• Like 1

On 08/04/2023 at 17:15, MrCake said:

Took out the boats with the old man.

PXL_20230408_084113699.jpg

I have a Perkasa, havent had it out in a few years as i dont have a vehicle to transport it, but wow that looks good, originally it had a nitro engine in it as it was bought second hand, it was converted to a 12v hectoperm motor and its a 3 hour run time with a motorcycle battery, i cannot remember for the life of me what the esc is i do know its square and white with  adjustment screws in the top, got that same combo in quite a few of the boats, and using the same family of motors twin decoperms in the imara harbour tug with a similar run time

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Shergar said:

Looks good to me chap 😎

It’s definitely a 6 footer 😂 from afar looks good the closer you get it’s a different story 🤣 looking at new body options already 🙄

1 minute ago, Stormbringer said:

After having fitted the Quickrun Fusion to the TRX6 i got a chance to test it today

Really impressed with the slow speed control with it

Got the Truck moving and switched cruise control on and it just crawled its way along  :good:

That’s what I like to hear👍 need to fit mine now 🤣

• Like 1