• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

6 minutes ago, Trunkle said:

Decided to finally fit the steel gears to the diffs on my Mauler. Opened up the rear diff expecting to find the stock plastic items to be bone dry only to discover they were already steel and lubed from the factory. When did this start happening? A lot of what you read on Maulers are complaints about the diffs stripping 🤷‍♂️

Diff.jpg

I think it’s the plastic part of the diff that strips and gets upgraded to these? https://www.modelsport.co.uk/product/ftx-mauler-aluminium-38t-422681

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Redback said:

Started working out my fastest crawler build. Ditched the gearbox, direct dive into the transmission retaining 4wd.
20221106_043751.jpg

Ditched the towers, some small spring shocks wanting it to just sit off the diffs.
20221106_043814.jpg

Mocked up the drive line, aiming for all changes to be reversable, no extra holes, uses existing mounting points, element servo plate with a tamiya motor mount bolted to an offcut, no expense to spare. :lol: 
20221106_043804.jpg

Aiming for 35mph first, run if it goes well, have to see how it does at ROSSA.

Have you saw Tomleys Vanquish video?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Stormbringer said:

and disc brakes nice :good:

Yeah, I was fiddling with the bias - think I've got the front balanced but was considering back to front. Being 4WD belt driven then there's no slip, therefore it should be 50:50 as what brakes the front brakes the back equally and vice-versa.

Or am I wrong, hideously, hideously wrong?

Another annoyance was that I sprung £12 for a new fibre disc the other day. Opened up a random box of "odds and sods"... Half a dozen of the buggers looking up and laughing at me.🤔

• Haha 3