• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

53 minutes ago, Guns said:

Up early for some reason, so finished the painting on my Maxx shell. Simple, and Im awaiting the cage/plastics to come into stock but loving how it looks!

Also Got the Cossie running. 

That looks really nice mate, good colour choice :good: also would love to see a video of the Cosworth running 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Seminole81 said:

Hmmm, I was told not to because of the sand. Am tempted now, think it'd be a blast if I'm honest. Wouldn't run it through the salt water though. Think if I were to do it, I'd get one of those dusty covers first.

Beaches do look fun but think I would only ever run my 'cheap' brushless HBX because it wouldn't bother me too much if it broke.  Don't think I would run a brushed though as I imagine the sand would probably get inside the can pretty quickly and easily.

Replaced a suspension arm on the Quantum + Flux XT after smacking it hard into a kerb.

Installed a new motor to my daughter's Quantum MT. Big faff as I had to disassemble the whole rear end and then some fiddly screws kept jumping on to the motor as it was more magnetic than the screwdriver.

Had a little blast on the front before rain stopped play

• Like 1

5 hours ago, walkbythesea said:

Fitted a brand new complete front gearbox to the Outlaw - fresh from the factory - didn’t even cross my mind to check it….  🤣

Careful you don’t pop your esc doing that 😆

• Haha 1

Gaterocker was poorly after falling down a cliff.
Time for surgery, patients arms and legs have been removed. Ready for metal hopups.
IMG_20210625_190947.thumb.jpg.3d331c5bd080c751a7b113e0cd0fac9a.jpg

The plastic steering has held up fine but figured she deserved some upgrades as lived a hard life and its not going to get any easier 😂
Full metal axle ends too as managed to bend a 5mm shaft on a tumble, additionally metal link holders and panhards as shattered them last week.

• Like 3

Finished up the lights for the x-maxx.   Total price £0. Not bad.  Rc4wd light controller has been in my parts box for ages. Finally got a job for it. Might do some chassis lights for it tomorrow. Not sure yet. 

IMG_20210625_205049.jpg

• Like 3

I bought some new tyres of a member on here be with me next week  (cheers m8 mart94)  and a new clear body shell for my outlaw  which now going to be a zorro/torro . Just cant decide what colour/s  to  paint it .   And a new set of lights (roof bars )  to fit  just realised i dont have a on/off switch for it . Dam it . Of to buy ........