• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

Had a grinding noise coming from it today, so have striped out the centre diff, there were a couple of screws loose, so cleaned out and is ready to be refilled in the morning now. Will do the front and rears too.

D682A6A2-8768-4AB7-98E8-3E0F4C970BC1.jpeg

1D1C1B62-CE92-422F-9846-05599AC608C8.jpeg

2527786C-BA5B-4D51-9339-75BFDA70843C.jpeg

C74EBC82-A244-4670-9836-9B76BFF6F981.jpeg

795332D0-8170-48D6-8EEA-D733C344167D.jpeg

• Like 3

Found the cause of the grinding sound on the Lasernut, stripped all the diffs down and found one of the sun gears in the front had a chipped tooth, have a new one on order, but should have shimmed this from the beginning, but I thought it was ok.

0DA0962C-C14E-4793-B80D-A94DFC5CB736.jpeg

D175A8A2-1CAD-4A98-B582-EAD9D339431E.jpeg

0D3C9BCC-259A-4F9E-8918-98857B2F3ABD.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

10 minutes ago, Ag100 said:

Found the cause of the grinding sound on the Lasernut, stripped all the diffs down and found one of the sun gears in the front had a chipped tooth, have a new one on order, but should have shimmed this from the beginning, but I thought it was ok.

0DA0962C-C14E-4793-B80D-A94DFC5CB736.jpeg

You havent run the car that long right?, heard bad things about losi diffs recently like the sun gears are made of butter.
I think it was a baja ray or something you would have expected for the price has hardened diff gears. Hope it was down to a shim but like you say, shouldnt really have needed it considering the lack of packs right?

6 minutes ago, Redback said:

You havent run the car that long right?, heard bad things about losi diffs recently like the sun gears are made of butter.
I think it was a baja ray or something you would have expected for the price has hardened diff gears. Hope it was down to a shim but like you say, shouldnt really have needed it considering the lack of packs right?

Yes, these have had a few issues, I have a few spares coming so will look at them and see if there are any obvious differences, hopefully lack of shims (though they should really sort this at the factory), and I will up the diff fluid, was running 10k, have moved up to 100k.

Just wondering...

Is this the week of lost teeth?

Looks like many gears have teeth broken of.

Including the one in my Carnage's diff.

Is it the change of weather and temperature?  :rofl:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Jens said:

Just wondering...

Is this the week of lost teeth?

Looks like many gears have teeth broken of.

Including the one in my Carnage's diff.

Is it the change of weather and temperature?  :rofl:

I blame Donald Trump😤

• Haha 2

@Redback Nice what you running mate? Is that Max 6 combo with 1650kv? Got my 30t pinion today and about to order the scorch spool + shafts (its a couple quid more vs building the limitless one, seems a bargain)

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Logie said:

@Redback Nice what you running mate? Is that Max 6 combo with 1650kv? Got my 30t pinion today and about to order the scorch spool + shafts (its a couple quid more vs building the limitless one, seems a bargain)

Awesome, im keen to hear how you get on with it as have issues with my 34t pinion over in the limitless owners thread, I hope you dont have issues are you using the 40 series mount (stock?)
It is and a pretty chunky step up from the max 8, yet to give it a real run, half the work is in the build. Blower seems a must.

Edited by Redback
  • Like 1

Pulled my maverick quantum flux Mt apart to swap the motor and esc for my blx100 combo. Pull car part to remove motor. Man want a job. Just crazy.  Get it all apart.  Get to last bolt to remove motor. And it's been round out a the factory. It's completely round. No way I'm getting that out at the moment.  No tools available to do it  at the moment. So back it all went.  And I will just swap the esc over for now then. Can I have a good swear no please.  Lol. What a hassle 

Litre bolt holding motor to plate is duff.  Well I'm going to be fingers crossed I never Need to remove motor again now.  And forgot all about it. Ha. 

IMG_20210302_163908.jpg

2 hours ago, Redback said:

Awesome, im keen to hear how you get on with it as have issues with my 34t pinion over in the limitless owners thread, I hope you dont have issues are you using the 40 series mount (stock?)
It is and a pretty chunky step up from the max 8, yet to give it a real run, half the work is in the build. Blower seems a must.

I have a 1520 Castle going in with MMX8s but i was thinking of swapping to the Max 6 from my Kraton. It is a chunky boy the 1650kv makes me kinda nervous is hanging off the kraton mount lol

2 minutes ago, Stormbringer said:

might end up black lol :rofl:

yeh knowing me lol

i do like how they give you plenty of grease/shock oil and thread lock with it, i still have loads left over unlike when i build a tamiya i would be skrimping every bit of grease i could get on later build parts lol

• Haha 2