• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

Lad bent the rear axle shaft on this outlaw and the brand new sway bar he installed yesterday snapped at the same place lol.
My outlaw spat the driveshaft pins, then ate its transmission. So back to the custom one that isnt a pile of garbage 😛

IMG_20210220_161243.thumb.jpg.938e2ccafe168de74350413c8f4b040c.jpg

Worked a little on the speed project, sorting out another ftx model thats got drive train issues, the banzai likes to bend slipper shafts due to the drive shaft vibrating at high rpm.
A 2nd motor mount acting as a bearing carrige holding the drive shaft cup seems to be the fix, just got to find a way not to loose so much battery tray.
IMG_20210219_020939.thumb.jpg.c86a6d1a622c00f7bad8cc45231375ce.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Twotone said:

I let the mrs choose the colour to soften the blow of purchasing the VS. Should have known it would be pink.

I’m a bit disappointed with how it turned out, needed another coat of pink before backing it. It still come out pretty good though, kinda like a metal flake from the silver.

can’t believe I forgot to mask the windows 😂

16C92A28-6E45-466E-B1B9-9E296BEF6673.jpeg

A4C57A48-90C9-41E4-A816-83EE1725493A.jpeg

How many coats of the pink did you put on Twotone? Got a tin sat for ma bug but concerned that the cap colour looks a bit bubblegummy! No quite as vibrant as ah'd like.  Yours looks good tho. 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Hell horn. said:

Managed 20 minutes out with with the maverick quantum flux before everything got fuzzy and dizzy this time. So that's an improvement.  Brilliant fun.  Put 30wt oil in the shocks. Much better now.  Handles lovely now. 

Good tae see improvement on both counts Hell horn, easy does it tho. 

Ah emptied a tin of paint on my mates quattro shell then noticed a wee bit of overspray that I thought was ootside wasn't! Arse biscuits! 

Shoulda left it alone! 

_20210221_154402.JPG

_20210221_172137.JPG

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

3 hours ago, Acidsnow said:

How many coats of the pink did you put on Twotone? Got a tin sat for ma bug but concerned that the cap colour looks a bit bubblegummy! No quite as vibrant as ah'd like.  Yours looks good tho. 

I done 4 coats, 1st one was just a dusting. Used nearly the whole can and it was still quite see through. The silver does show through but it gives it a cool effect. If backed in white I do think it would look very bubblegummy 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Gaz! said:

Fitted a hobbywing max10 combo into my stampede 4x4 and tested outside on the road, first run for over 18 months (other than micros), my god it’s fast on 2s, can’t wait to try 3s...

kool what speed motor you go for? i have the 3300kv one in my triton with the max 10 combo 🙂

edit: im pretty impressed with it 🙂

Edited by Yrkoon

8 hours ago, Twotone said:

I let the mrs choose the colour to soften the blow of purchasing the VS. Should have known it would be pink.

I’m a bit disappointed with how it turned out, needed another coat of pink before backing it. It still come out pretty good though, kinda like a metal flake from the silver.

can’t believe I forgot to mask the windows 😂

16C92A28-6E45-466E-B1B9-9E296BEF6673.jpeg

A4C57A48-90C9-41E4-A816-83EE1725493A.jpeg

You don't deserve the name two tone 😛 :lol: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2