• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

After I finally got my Threadlocker I could complete my Carnage.

IMG-5164.jpg

Got a Hobbywing Max10 Combo with the 4000kv motor.

Wondering if that motor is a bit too much for the drive train.

But I will see tomorrow for the first test run.

First with 2S Lipos then I will try 3S.

But I still need to solve a TX/RX problem.

Sometimes the signal from the transmitter arrives at the receiver with a 2-5 second delay.

Any idea how that can happen?

• Like 3

Removed the motor from my Felony as it maybe getting a different power system at some point. Though turns out removing the motor was probably a good idea as weirdly for Arrma there was hardly any thread lock anywhere and what little there was looks and feels suspiciously like grease 🤔

elOt5GG.jpg

pregrNI.jpg

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, everclear1984 said:

Today I let the kids loose on the Hyper 7 and Stampede. New parts already ordered 😅

Same with me.

Except it was the other way around.

My son took the newly built Carnage with the 3S Lipos and I got his Bugsta.

I wrecked his body shell and wheelie bar.

Now he is really angry with me.

And then the pinion on the Carnage went loose making him double angry at me.

IMG-5165.jpg

I feel after fixing his Bugsta I never get to touch that car ever again...

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, everclear1984 said:

Seems I can now post again.

Today I let the kids loose on the Hyper 7 and Stampede. New parts already ordered 😅

IMG20210214143145

Just a broken front knuckle on the H7 and a couple of screws needing replacing on the Stampede. Oh and a new body!

I think your kids had a good time🙈

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, everclear1984 said:

Took the dog for a walk and though I'd take the opportunity to take DC1 for a gentle trail run to test out the new motor.  Of course a short trail run quickly turned into a full on mud run. Now I have another car to clean!

IMG_20210214_184321_067

Your dc1 got its servo on axle, how come? Does it work better? whats in the spot the servo should go, another winch? 😀

Edited by Redback

56 minutes ago, Redback said:

Your dc1 got its servo on axle, how come? Does it work better? whats in the spot the servo should go, another winch? 😀

It supposedly helps with bump steer, but tbh I didn't run it stock long enough to find out. Nothing in the old servo spot right now, but it has crossed my mind to replace it with a servo winch 😉

22 hours ago, Jens said:

After I finally got my Threadlocker I could complete my Carnage.

IMG-5164.jpg

Got a Hobbywing Max10 Combo with the 4000kv motor.

Wondering if that motor is a bit too much for the drive train.

But I will see tomorrow for the first test run.

First with 2S Lipos then I will try 3S.

But I still need to solve a TX/RX problem.

Sometimes the signal from the transmitter arrives at the receiver with a 2-5 second delay.

Any idea how that can happen?

Is that the 3652 sized motor, thinking of getting the 3300kv max 10 system for my slash 2wd, what's your opinion on it 

Just now, Strugglecuddle7 said:

Is that the 3652 sized motor, thinking of getting the 3300kv max 10 system for my slash 2wd, what's your opinion on it 

Well, I can't say much.

It's the 3652SL motor.

Only had a short time of joy until the pinion slipped off and we went home.

What impressed me was that despite having a 4000KV motor with a too large pinion from a FTX Vantage (bought by accident), the motor showed no cogging.

And the Carnage was fast like hell on 3S Lipos. A bit too much for me.

If I look at the Hobbywing page they recommend a 4000KV motor for a 2WD car. 

And the Max10 SCT for a short course truck.

Based on that information I would consider the Max10 SCT with the 3652SL 4000KV motor.

But don't nail me down on that. :-)

There are more experienced people here in this forum than me....

• Like 2

6 hours ago, everclear1984 said:

Seems I can now post again.

IMG20210214143145

Just a broken front knuckle on the H7 and a couple of screws needing replacing on the Stampede. Oh and a new body!

Its just occurred to me.  This is the first time Ive ever saw a broken Hyper 7!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Redback said:

It is, honestly its a very small motor with tons of power but if you can get a longer can version go for one of those. I can vouch for the 3652 and 3656 motors being very good!
It is cant go wrong with a max 10 combo, imo they are bomb proof. Also I would get the programming card, i got the usb one as it works with pretty much everything and can do it on the pc too.
Ive used and use the 3652 motor in my outlaw, trx4, drift car / speed runner 40mph + from it, and even in my crawler, they are good all rounders.  2s lipo is the sweet spot 3s lipo is bonkers.
I have used the 3652 motor with the max 10 and max 10SCT up to 4s on my crawled outlaw. The SCT has much more punch even on level 1 than the max10 so less low end modulation. The motor is not rated for 4s also but seemed to be ok, bare in mind the really low gear ratio so the motor was screaming not under heavy loads.

Took the outlaws out for a quick walk, the road hog was actually really fun on the sand and grass, didnt roll on the roads today (changed the layout) and was pretty fast... i wonder how fast 🤔 fastest outlaw on grass i think was 54mph on 3s with stock wheels.
IMG_20210214_213602.thumb.jpg.3b5596edb13304173f0aa4d80e438d57.jpg

I think the 3652 3300kv should suffice for my 2wd slash as i reckon the 3660 would be a bit much for 2wd? as if i bonkers then like you say just use a 3s! now its the case of 3300kv or 400kv..........

11 hours ago, Guns said:

Its just occurred to me.  This is the first time Ive ever saw a broken Hyper 7!

Unfortunately the steering knuckles are one of the few weak points. Still, it took the throttle finger of a child to break it 😅

• Haha 1