• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

20 hours ago, Pistonhead said:

Really? Mine had the old packaging and logo, with the cardboard top, and had gone a bit hard.

When i say new I mean on a car unused. Still soft though.

DSC-0239.jpg

Gotcha lol. I’m really after a new set of the HPI Yokohama Geolanders though, those were amazing on everything, i’ve got an old set from my MT2 kicking about that i May attempt to reuse if i can’t find any lol

Today i took the Scx10 out to Gwenver, near Sennen for the first run since I rebuilt it. Three out of my SSD shocks are leaking so will have to look into that, probably due to crawling in the soft sand i did lol. Had so much fun i forgot to get any video or photos, even when a Navy Merlin helicopter flew by, slowly at about 100ft.... 

Edited by Pistonhead

Swapped the 70T Maverick Scout motor in the tube frame crawler thing for a random 27T rebuildable I found in a draw.  Changed from a 20 something pinion to a 14T.  Much faster, still seems torquey enough on 3S.  Really ought to strip whole thing down and paint it as it's been "done" for years but is still bare metal.  The frame is rusting.

Quick run with the Senton, 6 cells of course. Some small jumps and some medium jumps, roughly five feet of air. One or two bad landings, plus some perfect touchdowns. Quite a few spills, including a nosedive and a couple of inverted landings, but no harm, so no foul. 

Arrma tough, baby, yeah!

3 hours ago, ChrisT said:

Finished off the Evo.

What should of been Tommi livery, has been replaced with Marlboro :)

Also added:

• Wipers
  • Mirrors (not included with bodyset)
  • Exhaust
  • Rear toe eye
  • Shark fin (to cover the antenna hole)
  • Panel lines

DSCF0863.jpg

DSCF0916.jpg

DSCF0923.jpg

DSCF0928.jpg

DSCF0937.jpg

More pics in my gallery:

Build video:

Your best one yet! Amazing mate

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Guns said:

Your best one yet! Amazing mate

Cheers Guns. It's right up there in my fave 5 :D

What makes this different is I've slightly strayed from boxart decals and added missing livery. Add to that a few more details.

Just a side note, the bodyset has been sat in the wardrobe since 31st July, 2018  :whistling:

47 minutes ago, Hell horn. said:

Bit of messing with the losi 8ight 4 I got this week. Swapping bits around.  Messing with set ups. Looking for parts. 

Would you mind some pics of chassis? with wheels.

I am a long time Losi fan!

Installed the badland mx38 wheels cherry on the cake moment and damn I'm happy the stance is great it's almost wider than long. The old hpI trophy tryggy wheels look tiny next to the mx38 I hope I won't regret them with bogging issues. Like nitro with big joes. I thought they would be slimmer tbh but they do look the part. My phobe is flat so can't put a pic. 

Should I use fishing line around them to stop ballooning.

Done loads of work on my faux Bender SWX. Climbs like a beast but is causing me headaches with trying to fab up custom spots for electronics... Next up is the roof which I'll try to make out of 3mm perspex / delrin (not sure what I ordered but it looks strong enough!).
Taking her to prembrokeshire next week for a proper test Vs the Bomber [emoji106]ad0cbf52ac4dc1f72dd27439bed62569.jpg8f27881fea488bcb75810c7c4eecc2cd.jpgf43fde4e7d7346726ebce37ad888dd95.jpg3eaf77fc04196f7f0bffcf135a51aaf1.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Tried to figure out how I bent the chassis on the 5ive as it was not bent in the way you may expect. The nose was bent downwards and the front part of the front bulkhead had the screws pulled entirely out. I think the Bartolone skid plate that comes up over the bumper caused it by getting caught up in an end over end crash. Ditched that as it also permanently deformed the bumper braces. 

Bent it back any stuck a FID skid/reinforcement plate on it.