• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

Watched a DVD and played CoD.... [emoji23][emoji23]

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Struggle to pick up a clear picture ...of the picture ...using the tablet to film !
That looks amazing will look good on the 1/6 scale!!

Sent from my LLD-L31 using Tapatalk

Finally finished my revo brushless conversion... But it doesn't work...?

Bought it as a roller and was told the transmission was locked in 2nd but it doesn't have any drive at all, motor spins the spur slipper is tight but seems like something is wrong in the transmission because nothing happens.... 

20181008_013232_zps6bqy25x5.jpg

20181008_005853_zps6hag21vd.jpg

20181008_013443_zps8rtni1aw.jpg

Finished making the body lights for proline ford raptor. I like this method alot im going to try a 3D one next. Or build these up even. But for now will just line them and fix down for now. The front one is held with two screws. I think i shown the front plate thing i made to hold the lights. I did the same for the rear. Added a mini deans each plate to easily remove mod or clean. Ill convert a servo to light switch soon. 

Edited by RCbutcher
  • Like 1

Drove it for the first time...

MVIMG_20181009_105029

Pinion came loose to tightened it up and then this happened on the next run...

MVIMG_20181009_101728

Swapped to another pinion and it was amazing wheelies like mad and guessing top speed of 40mph+ the tried a jump and something in the transmission broke....

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Fly In My Soup said:

45149177882_7228c5a76c_b.jpg

The irony of that sticker to the right..... 

At least it wasnt a snapped shaft!

I've got a brushless summit.  (Same chassis). I got a slipper with aluminium pads. I've broken drive shafts but not any transmission.  It's worth a try. Cheap too ?

Last night I fitted my new front rims and Dirt Hawgs to match the rears, then took it for a spin up the local nature reserve.  had a great 15 mins and was enjoying practicing controlling the rwd of my e-firestorm at speed on some gravel pathway when the nose went into some undergrowth at side of pathway.   Was able to reverse back out only to find the front right wheel over at an angle, and found the top turmbuckle missing along with the ball stud which had come cleanly out of the upper brace!  Only had a couple of mins to look for it as I had to go and collect my boy from nursery, so just ordered replacement parts last night.

20181010_185638_resized_1.jpg

20181010_185823_resized.jpg

Edited by StuBevis

Thanks to the wind and rain today I managed a good few hours at the work bench.
Installed boomracing axle tubes into the boys Wraith (front) and took a rag to the whole front axle as it's not been disassembled for over 18 months! New bearings gone in and fresh grease.

Install new MIP driveshafts onto the Bomber.

Just need a dry day to get out and try them out[emoji106]

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Fitted new shocks to my cc01, but due to the customised shell, which is a bit heavy!! The chassis drops quite low. Can you get stiffer springs? If so will this help?

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

Loads of different strength springs around, you just need to choose the right size[emoji106]

http://www.fourwheeler.com/how-to/suspension-brakes/1408-springs-and-shocks-what-they-do/
'light' reading [emoji1787]

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk