• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

6 hours ago, big gaz said:

I was just gonna reply to what you said, it stinks having to buy the complete tree just for that bit.

their was a guy a few years ago making the part out of alloy, had one on my Thundershot and was trouble free.

looks like this brace is just the ticket and almost invisible to the naked eye. Bang on mate :good:

Yeah it looks pretty discreet under there, hopefully it will hold up.

I had no idea about the solid alloy A5 part. Done a search and came up with this

Turns out it was made by pargu who makes a lot of decent stuff. Probably would of worked out the same price for that one part as what I spent on the parts tree and seperate brace.

3 hours ago, Guns said:

Since my operation is now alot smaller I can R/C in the house. I share this spare room 14th R/C, 1/4th Mac/Office, and half of it is my Mrs shoes/bags...... For now.... Still working on that one ;)

jv6ILJu.jpg

Good job on the shelving, looks smart :D but that's how I started, 1 then 2 then 3...:ack:

1 hour ago, Fly In My Soup said:

Feel free to send me raw footage for editing dude, I loves me a bit of editing I do

It was to poor to bother with, but cheers anyway. :good:

In other news, I took the Savvy for a spin, all 2 mins and 47 seconds of it! Broke a shock rod end. Normally I'm anti parts-tree like a lot of us, but on this occasion a parts-tree bore fruit in the form of rod-ends I'd forgotten I had! Result! She's back up and running! Vid uploading now. 

No editing, just a quick run. 

Edited by Tug

Got the dbxl ready for its new owner next week, as I was putting the wheels on it today, realised I have spent a small fortune on it and loosing a lot of money from it  oh well, Also took the sway bar of the front of my dbxl e. 

Edited by kenny_st

Discovered the issue with my Shockwave.

I will say, considering Horizon make such good land vehicles, they make absolutely crap boats.

Both myself and my mate have had nothing but problems, both electrical and the actual quality of the boats themselves.

Won't ever buy another Proboat!

htyyk1.jpg
Edited by Oh How Original

Interesting Dan, my BJ29 runs like a champ! It's prob the highest quality RC I've owned :huh: kinda looks like a bit of metal fatigue in the shaft? Def shouldn't happen! :( 

15 hours ago, Oh How Original said:

Discovered the issue with my Shockwave.

I will say, considering Horizon make such good land vehicles, they make absolutely crap boats.

Both myself and my mate have had nothing but problems, both electrical and the actual quality of the boats themselves.

Won't ever buy another Proboat!

htyyk1.jpg

I have an upgraded v3 strut with the metal bush fitted. It was a common problem on alot of the green V3 shockwaves. They replaced the rear strut with one that has a decent sized metal bushing and it is supposed to have sorted it. Horizon hobby sent me two replacements and since iv fitted it iv had no issues. Iv got a spare one that il send you just pm me your address 

10 hours ago, tanveer said:

I have an upgraded v3 strut with the metal bush fitted. It was a common problem on alot of the green V3 shockwaves. They replaced the rear strut with one that has a decent sized metal bushing and it is supposed to have sorted it. Horizon hobby sent me two replacements and since iv fitted it iv had no issues. Iv got a spare one that il send you just pm me your address 

That would be awesome, thank you!