• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

Stripped down more of my hyper 7 & removed the back end, didn't do as much as I'd hope but I'll carry on tomoz. Hopefully some of the new parts I've ordered should arrive too. Wonder if the vs shell will fit as I like the look of that.

IMG_20180409_153654_hdr.jpg

Ordered parts for it. Speed Passion motor, Savox servo, TS and PS paints, RW steel pinion, Deans connector and a set of red alloy wheel nuts.

Just need receiver and ESC now and I'll be ready to get the build underway.

13 minutes ago, supersavage said:

Glued some wheels and tyres which went surprisingly well with the help of a spoon. 

oi8CMBF.jpg

Nice, very nice. Would love them on 7 instead of my black ones

Edit: what's with the teaspoon bud ??

Edited by Drift Tuner
Spoons

4 minutes ago, Drift Tuner said:

Nice, very nice. Would love them on 7 instead of my black ones

Edit: what's with the teaspoon bud ??

They're large scale tyres and they take a bit of persuasion to get them onto the wheels so used the spoon as a tyre lever. 

9 minutes ago, supersavage said:

They're large scale tyres and they take a bit of persuasion to get them onto the wheels so used the spoon as a tyre lever. 

9 minutes ago, supersavage said:

Ay  good thinking, I'll try that next time I'm having tyre trouble.

Me and the boy finally got round to painting the shell for his R34 TT02-D :D Just need to paint the wing, mirrors and fit the lights and it’s ready for its maiden run!

A471EA6C-77BC-4788-BDF7-EF7CAA2DCE48.thumb.jpeg.c54b5669460bc6f12d967bead7fae80d.jpeg787F33CE-399A-472F-B30A-9CD0386096DD.thumb.jpeg.60195069ab3a1d1b7576f0001916d7f1.jpeg

• Like 3

Bought same 1/8th brass tube and some solder and started learning how to join it.  Surprisingly first attempt seemed to bond so well I can't break it by hand.  Next job.. make a bending jig and then Hilux cage here we come...

• Like 1

Stripped the centre diff on my hyper 7, as I came across 4 small springs i thought this don't look like it does in the picture ??? Took an hour or so to find out its the Losi smart diff that's fitted lol. Havnt  touched the front or rear diffs yet so they maybe losi smart diffs too. Thinking 5k for the centre diff ?.

Had the Outback a week so thought I'd give the axles and box the once over, all dry inside considering the puddles I've driven it through, but on grease on the diffs or gearbox so sorted that.

Just took my Air-Ro race quad out for a fly, only the second time ever and the power this has on 4S literally scares me! Punch out and it's gone wooooooosh!

Also charging up some batteries as my new radio arrived thanks to A.J.5f5c817554fa6d244118f2ce502b1754.jpgf772f18c8e8937af380766a35d878b8b.jpg

Sent from my TA-1033 using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Rebuilt the shocks on my sons Bugsta, the oil was black and now they work a lot better. Charged some lipos ready for a bash tomorrow. Also testing out a cheap 4k camera I bought at christmas, and not yet used, so hopefully get some footage of tomorrows bashing.

Also currently running down a Floureon lipo with a dodgy cell, ready for disposal