• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

3 hours ago, Zannu said:

Followed the usual pattern with my rc's. Bashed it and broke it. Spot what is wrong here:

DSC02347.jpg

Stripped the threads from the little ally steering arm thingy perhaps :rolleyes:

Get some new bolts and cut them slightly longer than stock to approx 11mm length. Helps a bit. Typical failure on these.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dazp1976 said:

Stripped the threads from the little ally steering arm thingy perhaps :rolleyes:

Get some new bolts and cut them slightly longer than stock to approx 11mm length. Helps a bit. Typical failure on these.

Thanks for the suggestion. It is actually just the bolt that holds the carrier onto the hub has came. Think my old loctite was not very good, but I have some newer and better stuff so I will just use plenty of that.

I also killed the rear diff which did not help.

1 hour ago, yoodoo said:

Gotta FPV that bad boy !

J

haha we've had a lot of fun using an iPhone and iPad to face time fpv  various things indoor, alas Lego use ir so defeats the object. Annoyingly it's not proportional either so it's all or nothing. Great fun to drive nonetheless. Next mod is some sort of track pad as they have no grip on anything not non carpety

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Zannu said:

Thanks for the suggestion. It is actually just the bolt that holds the carrier onto the hub has came. Think my old loctite was not very good, but I have some newer and better stuff so I will just use plenty of that.

I also killed the rear diff which did not help.

Did you have the hard gears 101142 in there? Best ones for lightning stadium/Trophy platform.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, dazp1976 said:

Did you have the hard gears 101142 in there? Best ones for lightning stadium/Trophy platform.

Not certain if they were that sort, but they look very similar so I think it probably was those. Found some really hard ones online, but they are £25 per diff. I am going to try to harden the spares I have myself and see if that makes any difference.

Started my first decal session.

Building loved it, stickering not so

Still awaiting on the gpm steering, but good enough to chase the kids around the living room with at the moment.

But after stickering it'll get a clear matt finish and a smoke to the windows i think.

Although i am wondering on a interior/ driver? 87408ae20d34258ca04d73cb6b43e1c0.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

On 01/01/2018 at 14:15, Wabom1981 said:

Got the WARN winch installed and running. Made a battery tray for the auxiliary battery to run it until my Y harness arrives to run it from the main battery. 3BF943E4-32B8-478F-B8B9-5FBC5CB45585.thumb.jpeg.6aaa8b0751c369271d7fc858a0dea00e.jpegDD958002-6469-44D8-9117-23A1FB761126.thumb.jpeg.0fd84e47cd99ddd53267d617f4bad628.jpeg

That front end looks really good. I got the same winch on order. I like the front bumper, might have to replace my plastic one on the scx10

Took the Outcast out today for a bash on 4s and this thing is quick and tough. It took a couple of big tumbles while I get use to it and all it did was pop a turnbuckle which popped straight back on again. I'm itching to try 6s but I'll think I'll wait a bit till I get use to the truck.

And also me and my son started on his Konghead and all I can say is 'how many gears??' lol