• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

Switched out all my deans and traxxas connectors with xt-60 connectors. Feel pretty confident with soldering now!  Still not as neat, but it is a lot better :) 

also fitted a 25t pinion and 42t spur to my wr8 and made it 6s ready! Woooooo

• Like 1

Decided the Ultra4 twin hammer rock runner, needed a better driver.

a hunt through all the old 3d print stuff i had done (all the throw away junk misprints), and i came across a starwars  First Order Stormtrooper helmet.
few google images to find out where the black paint should be and a slow 15 mins or so using a sewing pin to black out the areas.

Now i have a First Order drivers helmet :) , just need to find a body for his head lol.
and a blaster, cant be roaming those rocks without a decent E11 or EE3 blaster in the cabin.

on a side note i got my eyes on a 6 inch poseable figure , its gonna need a bigger truck 

Edited by Tamiyacowboy

Finished rebuilding my engine ready for the Vekta!

20160107_153354-1_zpsftagxk3f.jpg

20160107_153408-1-1_zps3oiwgmpj.jpg

Fitted a TR Clutch case, new fan cover and Outerwears

Also now got the TR 5ive mounts for the "Finger snapper" so it will bolt straight in the Vekta 

20160107_153444-1_zpst7uac4lp.jpg

11 minutes ago, .AJ. said:

Finished rebuilding my engine ready for the Vekta!

20160107_153354-1_zpsftagxk3f.jpg

20160107_153408-1-1_zps3oiwgmpj.jpg

Fitted a TR Clutch case, new fan cover and Outerwears

Also now got the TR 5ive mounts for the "Finger snapper" so it will bolt straight in the Vekta 

20160107_153444-1_zpst7uac4lp.jpg

This so badly makes me want to get back into 5th scale.  That trailer for the Vekta makes me want to also lol..

1 minute ago, HYPER-BOY said:

This so badly makes me want to get back into 5th scale.  That trailer for the Vekta makes me want to also lol..

Same! Look like it's going to be March time before it's released, I'm going pre-order it as soon as I can though :) 

Import, looks like no one in the UK is going to stock it according to Kraken, it comes down to the release date in the U.S vs Germany to where I preorder it, I reckon it will be around £1200 shipped + import tax from the U.S and around £1300 shipped from Germany

1 minute ago, .AJ. said:

Import, looks like no one in the UK is going to stock it according to Kraken, it comes down to the release date in the U.S vs Germany to where I preorder it, I reckon it will be around £1200 shipped + import tax from the U.S and around £1300 shipped from Germany

Hopefully Germany then! lol.. I might consider it as I have been *forced* to sell the motorbike :)

Rebuilt the EMB following it being attacked by a giant man sized foot at the Xmas bash.  New lightweight chassis, D135 MG servo, CF top deck and alloy hexes (alas no red in stock so had to get orange) fitted whilst at it.  

Refitted my pinion to my motor, this time using threadlock so hopefully it wont come loose again. ;)

Remounted my rear suspension to a more upright posistion and lowered the bodyshell a notch so it still looks nice and low.