• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

Cheers bud, I hope they last longer than the standard wheels did! I don't think they were really built for 3s lol.

Yesterday I stripped, cleaned and rebuilt the diffs and shocks on Boudicca, I also slipped a bigger pinny on.

IMG-20150622-WA0000.jpeg

IMG-20150622-WA0003.jpeg

I use that exact same grease!

Put 6S through the Scorpion, what a great drive that car is! Grass was starting to get damp, so struggled off the line, but found some traction if I nursed the throttle a little.

Nearly forgot! I picked up some doo-doo on a rear shock! Only found it while I was clearing grass out! Yuk!

Edited by Tug

I feel your pain. A bird crapped on my Yeti while I was trying to find what was left of the rear drive shaft.

I'm currently trying to build  a cover at the moment for my SCTE using 2l milk containers but I think i'll need something else. Trying to find a buggy body that would fit in under the main body to keep poo and other unwanted matter out. 

Sorted out the horrible toe on my savage, made the breaks work, stopped the driveshafts popping out with some carefully placed washers and lost a drive cup grubs few from the back of the cyclone :') but I now have three working cars, so happy days :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stacked some bricks in the garden and dove the Scout over them for first time in ages.  Lipo cut off seemed to be a bit early for a fully charged 3S so stuck a meter on it and still at 3.75V/cell.  Now I need to find a computer somewhere old enough to run the Losi programming thingy.

Replaced the comprehensively mullered spur in the Hooligan and then stripped BLBBs rear end to find out why he'd lost drive. Went to adjust the diff screw and discovered this had happened: 

20150624_174442-1.jpg

Fortunately I had a spare diff. This is how the screw should look:

20150624_174929-1.jpg

Set about giving the xb9 a full service starting with the front end. Only found a couple of stripped out screws and a stubborn hex hub and pin.

The diff was near bone dry of grease when I opened it up which explains how twitchy it was off the throttle, cleaned all the gunk out and filled it back up with 7k oil.

b88d1a01bef1be1311ebd5c07fdb7c6d.jpg

04b2b2320ae5623110491000a0f9ae07.jpg