• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

D'oh!

Lol, sorry bro, for what its worth mine was my favourite pack while it lasted, pretty good run times compared to the stock pack, when I couldn't fit it in anymore I decided I had to terminate its life. Edited by RevoMikey
  • Like 1

Got packs charging, restored life to the lil Losi, replaced the rear body posts on Chevy Carnage, put my nice shiny nuts on Miper and CC then rebuilt the diffs on the SCT and BLBB. Time will tell if it did any good. I hate ball diffs. 

20140920_193748-1.jpg

20140920_202357-1.jpg

MMMMMMM SHINY NUTS  :yes:

Took the quad out, did a bit of upside down grass cutting with it, turns out I hit the fail safe for the low voltage and she decided to land herself a bit heavy, it does have flashing LEDs to show low voltage but I couldn't see them in the bright sunshine. Sooooo looks like I will have to wire in a LVC buzzer :)

Was moving bits around, chose the position of the uBEC switch, pulled some servo tape off and applied to the switch, picked up cutters to trim tape from roll, cut straight through the red and black power cables that were hidden by the tape.

:(

Made a new side window out of perspex having smashed the old one avoiding the certain doom of a raised drain cover.

Reason for using perspex? The bride has locked down my RC spending until new year! :(

5epumyta.jpg

Also replace the pull cable with a metal TR one but had to do some crafty soldering to fix it to the pull handle...

VB.

Edited by vandalbulldog

Bashed BLBB, Chevy Carnage, Losi, SCT and Cloddy. 

Broke a rear shock on the Badger, decided that the diffs in the SCT are made of chocolate, had fun with Losi and gave the CC and Clod a right royal pasting. Might have to get some new wheels for CC, the hex on one of the rears is looking slightly circular lol. 

Couldn't understand why the rear Centre CVD kept popping out of its cup. Tore it down to find another failed Traxxas bearing! The pinion had, of course, shifted angle and chewed its way out of the diff housing!

My gt3c has been causing some issues with charging due to a knackered usb port.

I installed a new charger port by soldering a servo cable into it so it can be charged by my other chargers. For the first time in months I have a full 4.2v reading on the tx display. Magic.

Edited by RevoMikey

Accidentally knocked over all the screws i had for my rear axle rebuild for my Maxx. Knocked them into a messy cupboard. Found all of them minus 3. One driveshaft pin, one shocker top mount screw and a shock tower screw. Gone but not forgotten.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

Unfortunately lightning over the weekend had stuck our office (shame)..so whilst working from home....'at lunch time'....i took the dog for a walk with the RC car and finally mullered the rear tyres..New rolling chassis on order so will now be out if order for the rest of the week.

Posted by me ????

Edited by jp79er

Stripped and cleaned the hyper and firestorm after last weekends quarry bash.

Cleaned and rebuilt the Hyper's engine to find mullered clutch bell bearings.

Firestorm has a bent upper deck!

Fitted hpi Teflon dampers into hsp alloy shocks so I have damping again. Drop tested and was happy until realised no battery in so under weight. Never mind under damped is better than pogo sticks.

Drove until drive cup to front diff came loose AGAIN resulting in RWD only. Time for red threadlock I think.

Edited by ghazghul