• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

Broke it! Or rather the son did. Fatal mistake i know but turned my back for a second and hed grabbed the tx and drove full tilt into some metal railings.....the result?

v7txzk.jpg

2yyzeyu.jpg

2nqgy8o.jpg

vsf91h.jpg

The orange upper brace was actually z shaped before i had to straighten it out in order to get the front end off. Im guessing that chassis is toast?

Broke it! Or rather the son did. Fatal mistake i know but turned my back for a second and hed grabbed the tx and drove full tilt into some metal railings.....the result?

v7txzk.jpg

2yyzeyu.jpg

2nqgy8o.jpg

vsf91h.jpg

The orange upper brace was actually z shaped before i had to straighten it out in order to get the front end off. Im guessing that chassis is toast?

Don't know if it's cooked, but an IRC chassis brace will strengthen it up.

Not today cos I was driving home but I recently did this to my Carnage:

20140831_150831.jpg

20140831_150844-1.jpg

New diffs courtesy of my Vandal, Trackstar 80a/3520kv wp combo, Hextronik 9kg 0.16 servo and the Proline bits you can see. I need to tweak the gearing a bit but my word, it's an ANIMAL!!!!!! :thumbsup::yes:

That's looking real nice, Chewy! Your Own paintwork?

Nice boots, too!

I think the main bend on the grey chassis might pull out with a workshop vice. Before you do so put some old rag around the area you are bending so the teeth of the vice don't cut into the chassis and leave marks/scratches.

As for the orange brace,you can see the stress of the dent (where it has discoloured). Not sure if that's general discolouring or from the impact of the hit.Same applys try the vice job but if all fails try mirage racing for parts :good:

PS: with the vice it might not go back to 100% but you will get it as close as so still good for bashing ;) 

v7txzk.jpg

2yyzeyu.jpg

2nqgy8o.jpg

vsf91h.jpg

Oh bugger! I did the same thing and now have irc chassis and plate which are bulletproof! !

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

That's looking real nice, Chewy! Your Own paintwork?

Nice boots, too!

Cheers Tug. Yeah, that's my handywork, I rushed it a bit hence the runs, but overall I love it. Translucent Blue backed with Silver. 

Glad you like the boots, bit of a gamble going for pre-glued Desperados with Badlands but all's good so far  :thumbsup:

Worked out why the bottom of servo mount blocks are a bolt and a pin and not 2 bolts.  The front bolt would go through the bolt holding the servo on.  Going to be a pig to make my own unless I just have one bolt and make it a good enough fit that the servo body itself keeps everything square.

Worked out why I was getting "input voltage error" off my charger when connected to my new psu. Bloody thing was set to 38.6v!!! And to top me off I can't get it any lower than 29.2!!!

Not bad considering its spose to top out at 18v

Damn u hobbyking lol

Put 2 packs through the slash over on the local playing fields. Destroyed another driveshaft! :(

Came straight home and ordered 2 sets of Tekno shafts from Tower Hobbies :D