• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

Made drag link on tuber but found the savox wp servo is just that bit wider than the maverick one I used for testing so now I need to make some servo mount blocks to fit. So close to it being drivable!

The never ending story of the Bigfoot #18 - one of several on this Forum - was that I pre-empted many of the 'available hop-ups'.

RC 4WD have Punisher shafts for the TXT.

I purchased these.

I also installed the gears into the alloy gearbox halves ... problem is ... the Punisher shafts don't fit - too bulky ... or they DIDN'T fit.

My mate Dremel's been helping me this afternoon. They fit now!!  :thumbsup:

Al.

Today I found out my fuel tank on my TMaxx is leaking, so I remelted the plastic around the seam to reseal it, then I stuck some heavy duty sealant around it just to make sure, waiting 24hours before sticking some fuel back it. The nice guy in my local model shop sold me a new carb for my Maxx as mine was loose in the housing and it was sucking in air. Luckily for me, it was a brand new carb he'd got for one of his own trucks, so I got it cheap cheap.

Bad news for today, I blew the Rx in my Tamiya TB-01 when bashing it outside my house with my new 4600nihm battery ( can't afford lipos, and not really interested in them), don't think it agreed with the rally splash through the little puddle.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

Drove the hyper at the beach in Southampton. Underneath the new suspension arms are looking rather second hand lol. I put a scratch in one of my st shock towers too *sadface*. Motor got hot, esc warm, batteries warm. All generally seemed ok and nothing broke. Result.

Edited by optimus

Met up with Tug, had a great bash and a chat! Tug left and all my rational senses went out the window, 6s'd my St and blazed my castle esc. 6s'd my hyper star and it ate its rear diff!

So I went on ebay found a gem of a motor. 1520 castle 1600kv motor and I bought it, shame there wasn't a second one!

now to find some pinions[emoji48]

Edited by K.nov

Took mine to the local skate park at lunch for a bash....knocked the main diff out twice and popped a front half shaft.....nred to weight the car for flying better and improve control at pace as some of the ramps a quite narrow to hit at speed

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Edited by jp79er

Drew a crowd of interested yoof, road testing the Panther before hitting the woods; one track tension adjuster keeps working loose, need to have a poke at it to see what's what before taking on the rougher stuff.

Drew a crowd of interested yoof, road testing the Panther before hitting the woods; one track tension adjuster keeps working loose, need to have a poke at it to see what's what before taking on the rougher stuff.

Did you engage the enemy? Or make use of the reversing lights? ;)

Not today cos I was driving home but I recently did this to my Carnage:

20140831_150831.jpg

20140831_150844-1.jpg

New diffs courtesy of my Vandal, Trackstar 80a/3520kv wp combo, Hextronik 9kg 0.16 servo and the Proline bits you can see. I need to tweak the gearing a bit but my word, it's an ANIMAL!!!!!!  :thumbsup:  :yes:

• Like 2