• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

You couldn't have written it! Whilst I was at work today, the Tiger fell into the hands of Sam (my son) who, in an effort to get it running, unplugged the ESC control cable from the speed channel of the receiver and plugged it into the 3rd channel. So, how did I find this out? By turning on the truck with a 4s Lipo in it. As soon as the ESC had finished it's 4 beep boot up, the Tiger went straight into full acceleration on the bench, cornering Sharon and I with its wheels of certain death. Like a true gent, I grabbed the beast (burning my arm in two places in the process) and wrestled it to the floor like a crocodile hunter!!! 
Moral of the story, don't leave your RC's in the hands of your kids...

• Like 2

Had a great practice day down at herts rc model club, nothing broken other than a very battered rear wing. I must have done around 175 laps testing the car and playing around with my setup. The best thing was we were the only three people on the track all day :)

I tell a lie just looking over the car and ive bent a front turnbuckle, I did notice the car was handling differently after a bad jump when I some how went straight into the piece of wood before the jump, ti ones ordered from DMS lets hope I get them on Saturday before racing!

Edited by alex97

They'll be posted in the morning, zombified today and not functioning enough to do much of owt, other than view another house that's a no go...

May get a vid sorted too, for now, Noj needs sleep..... ;)

They'll be posted in the morning, zombified today and not functioning enough to do much of owt, other than view another house that's a no go...

May get a vid sorted too, for now, Noj needs sleep..... ;)

I know your pain pal were moving in the morning and there's still loads to pack arrrrrrrrr

More sorting / packing / finding of piles of random RC stuff at work.

Did get time to finish the steering link / nudge bar on the tuber crawler though.  Double decker setup with some braces in the middle : 

Servo to mount and drag link to make...

Ripped more tyres from the ftx edge rims and broke the steering links during a particularly spectacular set of cart wheels on tarmac. Oh well!

Father in law drove the car.....I generally when find its going full pelt towards something brakes help and when it's hit you reverse it of not put on the power on......results mashed diff gear which made my diff gear in to a toothless old hag.....so stripped down tonight and replaced part...ready to when the in laws are well away from it....lol

Posted by me ????