• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

7 minutes ago, ChrisT said:

It's finished :lol:

DSCF4227.jpg

DSCF4233.jpg

DSCF4237.jpg

DSCF4238.jpg

DSCF4244.jpg

DSCF4245.jpg

DSCF4252.jpg

DSCF4257.jpg

Love this, you’ve done a great job with it !

• Thanks 1

I like it I love the wild willy body and I want it for myself but I never bought one because I know I distroy it and it is to nice for that.

Edited by No brains
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Ag100 said:

Love this, you’ve done a great job with it !

Thanks :thumbsup: The chassis took about 2 hours to build. The body and accessories took about 4 days. The detail is amazing and I think it turned out well.

17 minutes ago, No brains said:

I like it I love the wild willy body and I want it for myself but I never bought one because I know I distroy it and it is to nice for that.

Just get one :D I don't know why I waited so long. It's an amazing build and glad it happened. Now I want an XR311 to go with it and maybe a FAV :doh: and a tank, and a helicopter......... :lol:

That has got to be the best looking Willy I’ve ever seen Chris!!! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji849][emoji2957][emoji2935][emoji79][emoji85][emoji41]
Ooooh eeerrr [emoji38]
  • Haha 1

Had a revelation for the 5ive-T.  Been using the standard nihm battery that came with it, not realizing the lipo's I use on my 700 nitro heli would fit. Have a spare to try which has now saved me £50 quid from not having to buy another.

20200521_111410_copy_800x389.jpg

• Like 1

18 hours ago, stimpy said:

That has got to be the best looking Willy I’ve ever seen Chris!!! 😂😂😂😂🙄🤪🤛🙀🙈😎

The Mojakraphon is taking shape, with a strange 1/7 buggy shell ordered from the USA.

Trying to decide if I should stick to the stock towers or switch to the carbon fibre speed towers.

626b224bbe04f22b7c3d101a3e999667.jpg

c154485d20bb2a00be56bacbe779700b.jpg

c2a2ee323e39de56fc43ab8cb3d90a02.jpg

Edited by Paul Busby
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, Paul Busby said:

The Mojakraphon is taking shape, with a strange 1/7 buggy shell ordered from the USA.

Trying to decide if I should stick to the stock towers or switch to the carbon fibre speed towers.626b224bbe04f22b7c3d101a3e999667.jpgc154485d20bb2a00be56bacbe779700b.jpgc2a2ee323e39de56fc43ab8cb3d90a02.jpg

Carbon for bling, standard for bash!... 

You need a weak element somewhere and as the standard towers are reasonably malleable I suggest them... 

Added some SSD brass knuckles and rear axles weights to the Enduro. Then made some tie down straps for the UMG10.

brassknuckle.jpg

UMG32-body1.jpg

Edited by CarlC
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, stimpy said:

Carbon for bling, standard for bash!... 

You need a weak element somewhere and as the standard towers are reasonably malleable I suggest them... 

Well the speed towers are a very different design. They're super low profile and designed strictly for road running. I also think the carbon fibre offers a reasonable amount of flex, certainly next to the "6061" that Arrma towers are apparently made of. I will also have some Titanium typhon ones in a couple of weeks when Scorched Parts sort out thier processing, so I will have a few options.

I'm not planning on this being total tank basher in the same way as my Kraton, may end up being more of a speed run vehicle.

The shell will hopefully be sitting significantly lower than it is right now so it may well look and work really well with the speed towers, but I need to figure out the rear ... will have to see!

I have a few ideas with this buggy, how they will pan out I don't exactly know. One of those plans includes buying some Kydex and making my own bumper/aero system...

• Like 1

Quanum Vandal/FTX Vantage.

Yesterday/today cleaned 2year old rust from last bash at sea side (yeah, bad idea).

Knocked straight dogbones/cvd shafts. Rebuilt shocks (damn rusty springs).

Inspected everything down to a bolt (bent bolts on tower/shock connections :D).

Reset steering servo arm, as apparently i was hitting servo housing with horn screw, there's a divet in servo now :D

Need to learn to adjust suspension as front tires excessively worn on the outside.

Also, hopefully today need to figure out how to replace foam in glued tires. Now looking around the house for suitable foam to replace with. (pool noodles ? :) )

Got some weights for balancing the wheels, will do that after foam is re-fitted...