• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

Switched the connectors on the battery leads for my gens ace 2s, the connector on my Rhino 4s and made the loop connector. 

All done with a 100w soldering gun. Made life so much easier than an iron. Heats up in a couple of seconds of pulling the trigger.

Bye Bye you horrible little EC5s! 

20200403_171418.jpg

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, AndyBell said:

Switched the connectors on the battery leads for my gens ace 2s, the connector on my Rhino 4s and made the loop connector. 

All done with a 100w soldering gun. Made life so much easier than an iron. Heats up in a couple of seconds of pulling the trigger.

Bye Bye you horrible little EC5s! 

20200403_171418.jpg

There will be a very good reason, but why do you have an XT60 with single negative wire looping -+

3 minutes ago, Jack Reacher said:

There will be a very good reason, but why do you have an XT60 with single negative wire looping -+

It is an XT90.....but the loop connector is for when I’m running my 4s battery as the truck has two connectors to the ESC so you you can run 2 x 2s batteries making it 4s.  See pic...

65D357D6-5A3E-4DF1-8D34-C064968EEB33.jpeg

Not the best pic but there are 2 ec5 connectors there though. Hope that kind of explains. 

If I’m running 2 2s batteries I use both connectors without the loop. 

Well i must say that went well...... Not leaked like a thing with holes in.....

Following instructions masked of what was to be blue and spray the black...

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Made some progress on the Group B Quattro!

Got the shell masking finished up, the grille pieces mostly, had a teeny bit of paint bleed under the masking, mainly in a couple of places with hard edges and the tape wouldn't lay flat, but I knew it would happen and prepared to remove the paint.

Also got the magnets onto the body posts, wrapped in some heat shrink, mainly to keep them in place while they dry, but it's also a bit more pleasing on the eye.

Then tested the ride height, I believe some more aggressive tyres (eventually) will be a tiny bit bigger than currently ones, so when the other magnets are added, the body will be 2mm higher, but the bigger tyres should compensate, I hope.

dxheYBZ.jpg

CAEiqGf.jpg

OBe4Are.jpg

v5bj5WP.jpg

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Oh How Original said:

Made some progress on the Group B Quattro!

Got the shell masking finished up, the grille pieces mostly, had a teeny bit of paint bleed under the masking, mainly in a couple of places with hard edges and the tape wouldn't lay flat, but I knew it would happen and prepared to remove the paint.

Also got the magnets onto the body posts, wrapped in some heat shrink, mainly to keep them in place while they dry, but it's also a bit more pleasing on the eye.

Then tested the ride height, I believe some more aggressive tyres (eventually) will be a tiny bit bigger than currently ones, so when the other magnets are added, the body will be 2mm higher, but the bigger tyres should compensate, I hope.

dxheYBZ.jpg

CAEiqGf.jpg

OBe4Are.jpg

v5bj5WP.jpg

magnets can be a right pain but well worth getting right to get the no post body

Whilst doing rc in the garden my Kyosho truck glitched and went full throttle in to the shed burning out the esc 🙁 never mind it’s a hobby and let it be an esc to be replaced only ! 😊

on to my next Rc vehicle to play around with 😃   

1 hour ago, lazkopat said:

I’m thinking of getting one of these, how you finding it so far? 

It is a fun little truck. Not had a huge amount of time to drive it as I am in the middle of another build but it has tackled the few thinks I have thrown at it without any stress. Like all of the small crawlers it has it issue, the shocks are a bit bouncy, but I am going to do the grease mod Houghton and see if that improves things. The quality is good to, as you would expect from someone like Axial.

• Like 1