• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

1 hour ago, Jack Reacher said:

Me, i unboxed my new 1/18th FTX charged up the lipo, tried it in the garden, found a fault boxed it back up and emailed supplier to see about sending it back for a refund

What’s up with it?

10 minutes ago, Jack Reacher said:

works fine in forward, but in reverse it starts fine then slows and hesitates, kinda stutters, but is fine again forwards

Did you do any fault finding before sending off an email asking for a refund? 

25 minutes ago, everclear1984 said:

Did you do any fault finding before sending off an email asking for a refund? 

sealed unit esc, sealed unit TX sealed unit RX and read the manual not really sure what else i could of looked at, every thing plugged in correctly, and to attempt to open any thing up would just void any warranty, sorry but its a new item and i expect it to work as should out of the box

Edited by Jack Reacher

started to build my Tamiya Ta-03rs porsche, today I build the front gearbox,  did a home made turnbuckle rod end, I do not like the plastic ones with stepscrews, I hate stepscrews never use them. 

I have ordered alloy c hubs with bearings and knuckles for the front so I replace the plastic ones later.

49724496566_e2ebd15af7_c.jpg

49723958713_d895343f42_c.jpg

• Like 3

After some very helpful advice from a very helpful chap on here @Oh How Original, big thumbs up mate i now have Magnetic body mounts on my SCX10/2016 ford F150, this was starting to look like the shell was going in the bin, as i had tried the magnets and 3 had pulled of , due to stupid here using to big a magnets but one was left stuck fast, any way it was a case of it comes of or hits the bin, much to my surprise it took no paint of so i was able to proceed, 20x2mm N50 magnets on rear   15x2 N50 up front.

I can now lift the car buy the shell and wiggle it so a good hold, but it will pull of, pleased how it turned out in the end

mag mount 01.JPG

mag mount.JPG

Edited by Jack Reacher
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Jack Reacher said:

After some very helpful advice from a very helpful chap on here @Oh How Original, big thumbs up mate i now have Magnetic body mounts on my SCX10/2016 ford F150, this was starting to look like the shell was going in the bin, as i had tried the magnets and 3 had pulled of , due to stupid here using to big a magnets but one was left stuck fast, any way it was a case of it comes of or hits the bin, much to my surprise it took no paint of so i was able to proceed, 20x2mm N50 magnets on rear   15x2 N50 up front.

I can now lift the car buy the shell and wiggle it so a good hold, but it will pull of, pleased how it turned out in the end

mag mount 01.JPG

mag mount.JPG

Happy to help :) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Oh How Original said:

The Quattro chassis is done for the most part, awaiting some hop ups, relatively neat for me.

Now onto the body.

aU1HXb6.jpg

bGpAMT7.jpg

That bumper, something’s with that bumper 🤔

13 minutes ago, Oh How Original said:

I know, I've had about 20 people tell me.

dont know about the bumper but always thought the Quattro was one to go for, looking forward to seeing the finished car, just watched a youtube with a chap rallying one of these Tam quattro`s and its brill

Edited by Jack Reacher
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jack Reacher said:

I kinda wish i had not seen this thread about the quattro , now got me thinking a rally car would be fun, but for me not a tamiya

Why not Tamiya?

The chassis is quite basic, but they work, add the CVA shocks or other aftermarket oil filled shocks and sorted... The shells are always excellent :) 

1 minute ago, Oh How Original said:

Why not Tamiya?

The chassis is quite basic, but they work, add the CVA shocks or other aftermarket oil filled shocks and sorted... The shells are always excellent :) 

last experience was a CC01 and hated it, and by time you ad radio, esc, servo and all that it becomes a pricey build, now one of these might be an interesting car https://wheelspinmodels.co.uk/i/283870/

3 minutes ago, Jack Reacher said:

last experience was a CC01 and hated it, and by time you ad radio, esc, servo and all that it becomes a pricey build, now one of these might be an interesting car https://wheelspinmodels.co.uk/i/283870/

CC-01 is more for scale looks, compare to something like SCX10/TRX4 and it will get left behind.

I guess you buy Tamiya if you love Tamiya.

There is just something special about a Tamiya kit.

@yoodoo is selling a HPI WR8 flux in the sales section, now that will be a weapon!

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Jack Reacher said:

Given that Maverick is a HPI brand, and that HPI spend more time in administration than trading, I would give that one a miss personally.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, monkeyboy_uk said:

Given that Maverick is a HPI brand, and that HPI spend more time in administration than trading, I would give that one a miss personally.

thanks for the heads up, did not know about them being in the same bed

3 hours ago, Jack Reacher said:

thanks for the heads up, did not know about them being in the same bed

You'll find if you look hard enough, theirs only really a couple of actual RC companies... Most of them are sister/sibling companies of much bigger companies.

For example, Losi, Axial, TLR, Helion, Arrma, Spektrum, Proboat, ECX, Vaterra, Blade and many more are all owned by Horizon Hobby... They are just the ones I have personally used and know about.

There will be more.