• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

7 minutes ago, Oh How Original said:

They look nice indeed, will look good on the SC10!

drPMq8I.jpg

Yup, they do. :D

Also got servo savers switched, that was a pain in the bum and a half. Had to dismantle both the old and the new ones and make some form of frankenstein savers, bottom half new, top half old. 

1 minute ago, m4inbrain said:

drPMq8I.jpg

Yup, they do. :D

Also got servo savers switched, that was a pain in the bum and a half. Had to dismantle both the old and the new ones and make some form of frankenstein savers, bottom half new, top half old. 

Definitely suit that white shell.

• Like 1

Yeah that's the problem, they don't look bad with the new Makita shell, but the battered white one looks considerably better. Bit annoying. :D

Yesterday, removed 23cc from DB in preparation of collection by forum member this morning.

Today, started to prep new 29cc engine for DB, fitted kill switch, engine mount, clutch carrier and outerwear to pull start and bottom side of engine.

Decided after our last run out to give the Baja some love.

The amount of slop in the stock 5sc hubs is ridiculous for less than 15 tanks use, I thought the bearing were shot, but no, it's wear inside the hubs themselves and yes the bearings are fine, if they were seized, I could see why it happened, but they spin freely... Similar story with the hinge pin braces, very poor IMO, for the price of the kit.

Hey ho, time for upgrades... BHRC hinge pin brace, Hostile hubs and heim kit... Aside from the washers being way off and needing some Dremel treatment.

All slop eliminated.

Also decided to actually put a body shell on it, not 100% on colours or design yet, but hopefully I will come up with something visually pleasing.

If not, I'll pull the mask off and go all black :lol: 

20170531_133547.jpg

20170603_165659.jpg

20170603_172437.jpg

20170603_175722.jpg

20170603_184643.jpg

20170603_191920.jpg

2 hours ago, bombercountynick said:

Went to pick up a new motor from @capri-boy at Mansfield Manor indoor so killed two birds with one stone and raced my micro at the same time :lol:

Massive thanks to Craig for helping me get the buggy race(ish!) ready, had a cracking day.

micro race.jpg

micro race 2.jpg

micro race 3.jpg

micro race 4.jpg

micro race 5.jpg

More than welcome mate, offer stands for any member of the RC community to come along, as I'm sure most of us would offer at our local clubs.  Was good to have a look at the lwb LC in the flesh, and have another car on the track.  Yours went very well considering the tyres!

Love the 3rd pic btw!  I think that that's that marshall's default position ;)

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, bombercountynick said:

Done a little more :lol:

Need to grab some verniers from work tomorrow to adjust all the camber/steering links properly.

Gone together real nice :good:

tekno2.jpg

3.jpg

What is it?