• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

Just now, Brandon said:

Actually nothing surprisingly, just the body is cracked at the top so the body keeps coming off.

Impressive, it landed pretty badly on that rear wheel.

8 minutes ago, ostewart said:

Impressive, it landed pretty badly on that rear wheel.

Well you would think something on that rear wheel would have broke but it was still in one piece, just broke a body post but no biggie. We plan on making the jump higher if possible.

• Like 1

On 27/01/2017 at 19:05, Oh How Original said:

Started making some inner panels for the Yeti, wanting to give it more of a caged look, but realised I won't be able to do it how I want, with my limited skill, so knocked the idea on the head :( will look and see if I can find some to buy instead.

Used some black abs for mine

20150330_194204_zpsqevdnnpr.jpg

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, shaunm said:

Used some black abs for mine

20150330_194204_zpsqevdnnpr.jpg

I've gbot some .75mm lexan I may give it another crack, I don't like the look of the bonnet being on the outside with the panels on the inside, that's the thing for me... I need the bonnet on the inside and it's incredibly difficult to do, I used two A4 sheets trying to do it :lol:

• Like 1

Today I changed the shock oil in all shocks on the outlaw to 30wt oil, nice and plush now! Also fitted the 3800kv motor and 23t pinion, and replaced the steel screws on the gearbox with stainless. 

Just need to solder some connections on the esc and add the strut brace then it's ready to go!

• Like 1

Today I changed the shock oil in all shocks on the outlaw to 30wt oil, nice and plush now! Also fitted the 3800kv motor and 23t pinion, and replaced the steel screws on the gearbox with stainless. 

Just need to solder some connections on the esc and add the strut brace then it's ready to go!

Certainly makes a difference abit of oil in them, you'll have to let us know what you make of the 3800 + 23 pinion.

What strut brace are you adding?

Sent from my HTC One M8s using Tapatalk

It'll be just a piece of stud bar with lock nuts which'll go between the rear shock towers and one on either of the outsides. Simple enough and will help strengthen that bit up hopefully. 

Was quite chuffed at the shocks actually too, opening them for the first time they were all full and the cap and seal ends were tight :good:

Edited by t2boats
  • Like 1

Almost a runner, just needs shocks rebuilding (awaiting o-rings, HPI ones)

IMG_20170131_073939_zpsr6v2pfbl.jpg

Also lights on the Ascender (with indicators, work when you steer L / R)

IMG_20170131_194017_zpsrvear69p.jpg

IMG_20170131_194057_zpshihin21v.jpg

Edited by ostewart
  • Like 2

Went around to the in-laws this evening to help my nephews identify and order the correct parts to fix their RCs after last weekend's race meet. Younger nephew didn't need much, just a new wing. Older nephew on the other hand needed almost a whole new car - £60 odd in spares. To be fair though, his car was very well used before he took it racing.

did a few upgrades on my FTX Vantage

Fitted ally chassis plate, front and rear anti roll bar kit, ally rear hubs Carnage wheels, Carnage front bumper and a 17t pinion (going to run it 3s)

Vantage 2.jpg

Edited by spaners
add image

Got most of the way though sorting some lighting on the Yeti, controlled through third channel via a turnigy receiver switch:

Off:
bc4ccd72a21ec377e440dfcfe0cceb50.jpg

On:
0e8260a68201b750782b8d302c58f20b.jpg

Needs a tidy then can finish fitting the new bellcrank kit.

Also fitted a Flysky 3gtc tx/rx kit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

I began converting my other Outlaw last night to an SCT.

Fitted FTX ali upgrade front hubs/castors etc, added a GoolRC 4300kv 3650 motor with 120a esc.

Opened up all the shocks (which were full from the factory) and put 30wt in the fronts, 25wt in the rears. Lowered the rear suspension to allow the SCT body to sit nicely on top.

Oh and fitted a 13kg metal geared steering servo.

All that's needed now is to fit higher body posts on the rear end, rear strut brace, and order some ali rear hubs, steel prop shaft, and the two ali motor mounts (17t and 23t).. find a decent bumper from somewhere which would suit the mounting positions on an Outlaw.

• Like 1