• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

Took Maverick Scout on holiday. Found a great spot next to where staying with rocks across and a stream with a sandy hill.  The LIPO didn't last as long as expected. Tested again when got home and found LIPO cut off was kicking in with ~3.8V / cell still in them according to multi meter and Accucel.

Went to install Losi Xcelorin software to check setting and remembered no 64 bit OS support as Losi claim no driver available from the manufacturer of the chip used...  an hour later and I hacked in a newer driver for the chip ( SILAB 2102 ) on the USB adapter and a new .dll for the Losi SW and I have it running on Win7 64 :D Only problem is that it seems to be correctly set at 3V / cell.  Have flashed settings back into ESC and will test again when the rain stops.  If still cutting early I'll put it in nimh mode and manually set the cutoff.

Also grabbed the two spare Losi 1/10 ESC I had bought cheap as spares / repairs and found they both are fine just had old firmware and bad throttle curves programmed.

Raced it!

Three heat wins, two fastest laps and second in the final, my best result yet :D 

Changed the conrod on the engine after racing finished for the day, now i have another two track days to get it back up to speed.

Again!

Note to self:

Don't buy extremely cheap wheels and tyres from China to thrash about in!

766dd3200c675fc8627773e257c47655.jpg

706754d4f767fc20875fb00dd379ddcc.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Edited by Brandon

34 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Again!

Note to self:

Don't buy extremely cheap wheels and tyres from China to thrash about in!

766dd3200c675fc8627773e257c47655.jpg

706754d4f767fc20875fb00dd379ddcc.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I blame the loon behind the trigger :lol:

Great effort of destruction, I've only got as far as melting hexes :lol:

2 minutes ago, dazp1976 said:

I blame the loon behind the trigger :lol:

Great effort of destruction, I've only got as far as melting hexes :lol:

Oit! Less of that! :P 

Small Chinese wheels don't like 6s! 

Oh well I have plenty more to destroy then :rc_car:

Destroying the rest of the tyres!

Anyone know how to get the original quality instead of this very low quality?

31a9fb57dc8f5721341924441ece60f9.jpg

Edited by Brandon

That thing is bloody mental!! :lol:

Thanks! I love it! Would Love to see its top speed but unfortunately don't have a long enough stretch of road that's not high in traffic.

Took the wr8 out for another thrash! Usually the temps on the motor are at a safe level but since this heat, I'm getting a lot hotter temps so I think it's time to get rid of some speed and lower the teeth a little.

The old Losi Raminator, LST2 specification, then converted some time ago to 6S LiPo with 1717 motor has been sporting some bright alloy wheels for some time.

Thing is, the wheels are decent MT replica wheels, and the original Raminator wheels are red with a yellow line.

Photo indicating original wheels:

E-Ram%202013%2011%2015-08_zps4tbe7rkf.jp

Photo showing - really nice, but 'wrong look' - alloy wheels - MGT tyres (all I could find at the time but decent):

Ram%20-%2020150811-01_zpsyiq56gaa.jpg

Wheels cleaned, masked, etch primed, then painted:

20160825%20-%20Raminator%20wheels_zpsvhs

Need to allow the paint to fully dry, mask the exterior and hand paint the yellow - perhaps tomorrow, or perhaps next 'rainy day'.

Al.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, atom3624 said:

The old Losi Raminator, LST2 specification, then converted some time ago to 6S LiPo with 1717 motor has been sporting some bright alloy wheels for some time.

Thing is, the wheels are decent MT replica wheels, and the original Raminator wheels are red with a yellow line.

Photo indicating original wheels:

E-Ram%202013%2011%2015-08_zps4tbe7rkf.jp

Photo showing - really nice, but 'wrong look' - alloy wheels - MGT tyres (all I could find at the time but decent):

Ram%20-%2020150811-01_zpsyiq56gaa.jpg

Wheels cleaned, masked, etch primed, then painted:

20160825%20-%20Raminator%20wheels_zpsvhs

Need to allow the paint to fully dry, mask the exterior and hand paint the yellow - perhaps tomorrow, or perhaps next 'rainy day'.

Al.

They look alright. If you want I got some traxxas 5 spoke gemini (rims only) 14mm hex, chrome worn off, might look decent if painted ;) Just in need of some 3.8 tyres + inserts.

Took my hpi e firestorms rear diff apart as one cup was shaking under throttle and also found that there wasn't any grease in the diff.

a38fd610d5d4f24f9826e6a487400d99.jpg

4aa13be2ed4f5bf0e162c5591af950f8.jpg

Looks horrible!

Edited by Brandon