• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

Gave the XXL 2e another run, I think this is one of favourite RC's I've owned second only to the 5ive. Though I'm not overly impressed with the body as it's already started to split and I haven't been hard on it at all. Unfortunately though one of the 2s batteries that my brother bought is borked as it won't balance properly and is generally all over the place, the other battery seems fine.

Installed the new Max6 ESC into the X-Maxx and changed the gearing from 17/54 to 20/50 while I was there. Hopefully get her programmed tonight before the maiden after work tomorrow! :D

f547454e-b7e0-4017-8c1f-6c83fa66ec93_zps

4 hours ago, Burridge said:

6b2dbe3930a2d08030c26ab41581637b.jpg

Took the little FTX on some gravel, much fun! Keeps eating glow plugs though? Anyone have an idea why? The settings are quite rich although the smoke trail gets quite faint before it just dies and I find out the glow plug is shot?

Try richening LSN a bit. My GO engine was bad for plug munching until I did that. 

Last night I actually did something RC.... :ssh:

Removed the savox 1256 with squealing motor from the Ten and binned it (pity, as it has seen two runs), dropped in a powerHD LF20 and ran the damn thing, realised that track gearing was crap, so  upped three teeth on the pinny and ran it again. Can temps went from 22c to 42c but I am ok with that.

Today I have ordered the SCBE cage, shell (clear) and wing for a conversion.

Last night I actually did something RC.... :ssh:

Removed the savox 1256 with squealing motor from the Ten and binned it (pity, as it has seen two runs), dropped in a powerHD LF20 and ran the damn thing, realised that track gearing was crap, so  upped three teeth on the pinny and ran it again. Can temps went from 22c to 42c but I am ok with that.

Today I have ordered the SCBE cage, shell (clear) and wing for a conversion.

My 1256 sequels too and has done since new, it's really bloody annoying but it seems to work okay, what's the cause??

Stripped it down, gears fine, turned the gears by hand, awful squealing which was defo motor related...can't live with the noise, so in the bin it went.

Had two runs on indoor carpet on that servo, which is when the squeal started. Too old to warranty claim I'm afraid :mellow:

2 hours ago, Noj said:

Stripped it down, gears fine, turned the gears by hand, awful squealing which was defo motor related...can't live with the noise, so in the bin it went.

Had two runs on indoor carpet on that servo, which is when the squeal started. Too old to warranty claim I'm afraid :mellow:

Could have saved the gears, might need them one day for mine ;)

Yesterday : Drove Maverick SCT pile of bits around work until the wheels fell off.  Using a tree as a ramp to do rolls might have had an effect.  ESC fan full of grass so think it thermalled a bit, certainly a bit slow until I gave it a break.

Once at home chased daughter around garden with Heng Long Bulldog.  Lots of fun.  Let her drive and she spun it round and around until the barrel fell off.

Almost got the TA02 chassis attached and sitting right in the Evoque body.  Blew the front LEDs in it though... forgot to check forward voltage on them before connecting a battery.

Today : Carefully recharged 2S for the SCT as it seemed slightly puffed after yesterdays abuse.  Charged and balanced perfectly, stayed cool and took about the right mAh.  Will get a replacement anyway.  Replaced the snapped axles and cleaned ESC fan.  Surprisingly the diffs. feel smooth still.  Will try and rectify that after work today.

1 hour ago, atom3624 said:

I'd check out 1:1 photos of the same - see what they look like.

Al.

I have been that's where i got the idea of doing it gunmetal gray :) most of the pics I'm seeing have silver or wight so more than likely going to be wight :yes: 

20 hours ago, dazp1976 said:

attempting to retrofit 4mm shafts into trophy truggy shocks and get rid of those skinny junk it uses.

Done one and looks like it'll work :)

Big bores never worked right on that thing because of the angles the shocks sat at. In stock form the shafts are too thin and bend at least one every outing :rolleyes:

Bit of a pain and time consuming to do but hopefully won't bend anymore shafts :) Had all the bits sitting there so might as well try it.

Used nitrile seals 8mm od 4mm id, trimmed the outer edge to fit the 7mm shock hole.

Had some old HPI BB's, took the plastic bushes out and filed the outer edge of those to fit and made the lower one shorter.

Needed the thread hole on the piston drilling bigger.

End result looks like it'll work. The seals have a bit of a grip on the shaft, should be better when they wear in a bit.

Used the D8T Tessmann rear shafts however they are just a bit long hence the fuel tube bump stop so I reckon the way to go is use the ones from the 112mm shocks with longer shock ends.

o4m1MeH.jpg

HsiUDPD.jpg