• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

You must be pushing it pretty hard, my Ally-Maxx is sat here waiting for a busted RPM rear arm to be replaced. Never broken a hinge pin.

Traxxas.....FLM.....Lunsford...broke the lot. My maxx weakest point. They are the whole reason I dont use it much. So am now starting to experiment.

Bashed Boudicca round the garden, she's a cracking basher. 

Gave the D90 a quick run. 

Found a suspension link screw was coming loose on Cloddy, it's gonna have to wait till I'm geared up for a total ball ache of a stripdown.

Replaced the borked servo saver in Chevy Carnage. Then put a freshly charged 5000mah hardcase 2s in and ragged it up and down the road for a while. Talk about bonkers, he was popping the front wheels up after a few yards of 3/4 throttle running! Loopy. Needs far more space than I've got at home. Think F1 at Monaco lol

• Like 1

Fitted the Traxxas center diff into the Emaxx gearbox. Maybe this will save a rear diff every 3 runs. Noticed the center shaft cups could do with replacing too.

jealous, do the changes seem good?

Yeah it's going together much nicer than my regular B5M, it's definitely worth the extra money considering the upgrades it comes with. I still need an esc, tyres, inserts & wheels but I'm in no rush to get it running as I'm concentrating on my touring car until after the Much More GP rounds.

Fitted the Traxxas center diff into the Emaxx gearbox. Maybe this will save a rear diff every 3 runs. Noticed the center shaft cups could do with replacing too.

I wouldn't run that beyond 4S, they're a bit weak. They do improve the "off the line performance" though, less wheelie and more acceleration.

I wouldn't run that beyond 4S, they're a bit weak. They do improve the "off the line performance" though, less wheelie and more acceleration.

Weak in what way bud?

Weak as in resistance or tendancy to rip itself to bits?

Weak in what way bud?

Weak as in resistance or tendancy to rip itself to bits?

As in they'll wear quickly, Traxxas don't list spares either, so knowing part numbers is luck and/or a guessing game. I've binned four! Couldn't work out what gears are needed to complete them, so gave up.

And to stay on topic; Tested the Ally-Maxx on her new shocks, she's back to having a billowey ride, yes she chassis slaps, but I'm not going to ramp her no more, just high speed off-road antics!

Long me she reign!

Went with some stinky rattle can paint, and blasted the twin hammers stock plastics in full titanium white. 

need to let this dry so i can use the spray board to pin the side panels and the driver interior.

then shoot the side paneling in titanium white and the cab interior in satin black.

and im now debating if i should un-bolt all the beadlock face plates and dash them with titanium white.

hoard some black rattle can paint into a pot ( spray the can into a pot so it pools up into liquid paint)

so i can then black out each raised bolt detail. black bolts on a white bead rim would look well sweet and pop the eye some.

Edited by Tamiyacowboy

Put my slayer back together, new bearings, new filter, new receiver, shook it down and had a play with this fancy spektrum AVC :b at first I was very skeptical, but I'm beginning to like it a little :b noticeably more difficult to get squirrelly :b like to fact it can be turned off the push of a button for donut mad action too though :b

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk