• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

Got my DT-02 up and running again! Nice with a 12t brushless in, and still great fun with a 2s on loose ground.

Which 12t set up did you go for in the end?

Just waiting for some soldering kit to sort mine out in the dt02

Well had an accident with my mad rat.

9AEE69A2-EBA1-4A9E-8DC9-EB63F1CDDC6A-653

Which is now fixed with the firestorm gear, after that I soldered up my esc got all proud as it actually looked like the ones you buy soldered up. Then noticed I had soldered on the wrong deans connector so now feel like a prat and no time to replace it.

Well first off i Printed out a test run of a Large scale RC gas boat hull 

0W2rqxz.jpg

Then i re-printed to a large scale tile version, 8 sheets. 

i now have a hull thats around 3ft long and roughly 4 inches high.

next is to cut pre marked lines to glue pages together, then to glue to the 3mm plywood.

i am going a very thin 1.5mm beech plywood skin and a lightwieght fibre cloth epoxy

final skin. filler primer and automotive spray paint. 

i think a 200amp esc and dual 700 sized brushless should give this boat a top speed around 50-60mph

• Like 1

New motor arrived for the mini 8ight, installed and immediately put 2 packs though it....she ran sweet as a nut!!! (Touch wood) going to put it through its paces again tomorrow.......

Well first off i Printed out a test run of a Large scale RC gas boat hull 

0W2rqxz.jpg

Then i re-printed to a large scale tile version, 8 sheets. 

i now have a hull thats around 3ft long and roughly 4 inches high.

next is to cut pre marked lines to glue pages together, then to glue to the 3mm plywood.

i am going a very thin 1.5mm beech plywood skin and a lightwieght fibre cloth epoxy

final skin. filler primer and automotive spray paint. 

i think a 200amp esc and dual 700 sized brushless should give this boat a top speed around 50-60mph

Now THIS I am looking forward to seeing develope!

New motor arrived for the mini 8ight, installed and immediately put 2 packs though it....she ran sweet as a nut!!! (Touch wood) going to put it through its paces again tomorrow.......

Awesome man! :)

Meet? Mini 8 versus Super 5?

Meet? Mini 8 versus Super 5?

My mini 8ight will me like a squashed fly on the front of the 5's shell! I can do tomorrow but got plans in the eve so can only play until 5ish?

My mini 8ight will me like a squashed fly on the front of the 5's shell! I can do tomorrow but got plans in the eve so can only play until 5ish?

Cool, just let me know when! I'm having a bit of a renaissance with one of my 1/8s, that's a similar looking number to 1/18!

Video it for my benefit? ;):lol:

I'll try!

Huh?

my rear wheels would lock as soon as I let off power even on 0% drag brake.

Recal on the esc and working. It was otherwise going back to modelsport

Nanotechs arrived for the Hubsan, so took it for a couple of flights at the park. Amazingly stable, even in crosswinds.

They are unbelievably good.

I just wish they would make a slightly bigger version, merely for a bit more power.

Loving using my Hubsan, more so in fact than any other RC at the moment, apart from maybe the Mini 8ight.

They are unbelievably good.

I just wish they would make a slightly bigger version, merely for a bit more power.

Loving using my Hubsan, more so in fact than any other RC at the moment, apart from maybe the Mini 8ight.

They are good, more capacity than stock, yet slightly thinner! They pop in and out so much easier and give longer flight times!

What ones have you got chap? I've got some no brand ones, 380mAh and I get 18 minute flight times.

Item 1; Nanotechs.

Item 2; 260 mah.

Item 3; 18 minutes?!?! My head couldn't cope with that length of flight! It'd burst! Rofl!

Item 1; Nanotechs.

Item 2; 260 mah.

Item 3; 18 minutes?!?! My head couldn't cope with that length of flight! It'd burst! Rofl!

Yeah I couldn't believe it, I outlasted both my Dads stock batteries and then about half of his heli battery :lol:

Just had it outside and even in high wind I can get 15 minutes :)

Posted Image

Got my goodies!

Heatshrink.

5.5 Castle bullets.

2 turnigy 3s 5000 lipos.

160A Turnigy ESC

Turnigy Trackstar 6 pole 2650Kv motor

Programming box for esc

Vapextech 6.6v LiFe RX battery for the nitro.

Ansmann wheels for street fun with the slash.

Unfortunately, the vxl motor pinion doesnt fit the 5mm trackstar shaft. Anyone know/can link to the correct one?

Took the vxl apart to see if the magnets had de-bonded. Found this!!!

Posted Image