• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

ran my TA06 again, and something went quite wrong. :(

The belt somehow twisted, and removed near enough all of the teeth from the 18t pully, that powers the front wheels. Have ordered a new one, but i doubt it will arrive by monday, what is race day. Might have to use my TT-01 instead for racing if i can't repair it properly

Repaired the Baja after yesterdays bash :)

New front A-arm. Removed the cable ties holding the shock tower together, drilled and bolted the uprights so that is together. New shock tower now on order. GH tower supports to be added when I get paid next.

Also fitted the new rear balljoints that turned up just as I was on the way out the house on Saturday.

Baja is now clean, runnable and back in action.

Got the gearbox out of the E maxx, fitted the single motor plate, got out the dremel, weighed up where to dremel out the mount to fit the mahoosive 775 motor, Then realised the pinion shaft is huge (5mm) compared to the stock pinion. Oh well, pack it all away again and put an order to MS for a 20t, 5mm pinion and start it all again wednesday,

Charged up the lipos on the merv though to try out my rebuild.

Broke my maverick mt the strap that holds down the battery the post riped out of chassis body broke covers in dog pooooooo got it filthy lost body clips again then fixed cleaned and oiled just charging up my nimh now would go to lipo but Im saving for my next rc either savage x tmaxx 3.3 or hyper 7 or a truggy

Stripping down, cleaning and filling diffs with silicone oil 049.gif

Found one of the bearings on the centre diff has seized! Don't know how it didn't chew up plastic mounting though. Thank god I decided to service it today!

Got the backend of the firestorm loose, ran 7-8 tanks before my a small flip snapped the throttle linkage off the carb,

Was a good thing too as one of the rear bearings has completly inploded,

Edited by Ghost

Stripped the steering servo horn on my Savage, then broke two body posts, bent a shock shaft and broke the front bulkhead on my Muggy after doing some ridiculous jumps....

Edited by DreXeL
  • Like 1

fitted an alloy radio plate to my mt2 and properly sorted the 2.4ghz radio gear out, so its now got shiney purple bits and radio gear that looks the nuts and works as it should too. Now just got to find time to run the thing! :tank::whistling:

having spent ages talking about preventative maintenance with a mate, then went and 'discovered' that the screws holding the E-Maxx's mamba monster in place were perhaps a bit loose - cue whining noise and metallic speckles inside the gearbox cover! Ooops.My mate was howling! Got the beast running again but needs a proper alignment check on the morrow

Well here is my first post on a what i did today thread

I Studied my Rustlers Steering system, tracking on it is a complete mess

A slight knock and you end up retrimming it again

never pulls nicely

However all is alot clearer now :(

Lots of Track rod ends are worn and other jazzy bits - So there on the To sort list

Next the differential was suspect to leaking before it sat on a shelf for ages.....

Well its has been started for a complete strip down

And as i thought the bottom diff gear is dry on the outside.... its all leaked out the drive UJ

And since its been sprayed Black with that spray dye, its pulled it off

So the Rustler will be shining again soon, after a complete clean, repsray and rebuild

Somehow gotta sort my shell out too....

ziggy

having spent ages talking about preventative maintenance with a mate, then went and 'discovered' that the screws holding the E-Maxx's mamba monster in place were perhaps a bit loose - cue whining noise and metallic speckles inside the gearbox cover! Ooops.My mate was howling! Got the beast running again but needs a proper alignment check on the morrow

Yes i was

one thing i love about this guy, he tells me to look after stuff then does exactley the opposite.

a constant supply of free comedy !!