• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

All this Hobao talk is kinda wasted on me, as just not buying anything other than a crawler of some kind, and thats not saying the Hobao is anything but great just not for me no more, need to shift the Maverick 80HD, more than likely the jumpshot and Vantage, then see what i will get kinda liking the Gmade buffalo kit, i should also sell the blackfoot and maybe the carisma f-150 but more than likely keeping them TBH i dont think i can part with the Blackfoot, even if i rarely run it

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jack Reacher said:

All this Hobao talk is kinda wasted on me, as just not buying anything other than a crawler of some kind, and thats not saying the Hobao is anything but great just not for me no more, need to shift the Maverick 80HD, more than likely the jumpshot and Vantage, then see what i will get kinda liking the Gmade buffalo kit, i should also sell the blackfoot and maybe the carisma f-150 but more than likely keeping them TBH i dont think i can part with the Blackfoot, even if i rarely run it

No probs mate at the end of the day its what floats your boat that counts :good:

• Like 2

dug out my very old castle link  to see if it works with my ESC  all good  just need a car for it to go in.

IMG_20210718_190212.jpg

Edited by turok007
  • Like 3

22 hours ago, Jack Reacher said:

Not liking the Quantum Flux then? lol

Killed the esc and servo in my smt10.  Don't know what happened just both stoped dead.  Now nothing. So pulled the ones out of my flux for now. Smt10 is all sorted. Much faster now.   So more fun. 

Fitted the spare vanquish hubs I had.  And some metal chubs. A titanium steering link. 

And some better drive shafts. Seems to all be working now. Will test it out tomorrow and see. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Ant.p said:

Finally got my hands on a Tamiya model. I had totally forgotten how boring it is snapping the part trees apart and then trying not to cut your fingertips off when removing the burrs. Got there in the end and no blood spilt.

Looking forward to getting the electrics in this and then wondering why I bought one half way through the first battery pack 🤣

image.jpg

image.jpg

Ive not ran mine! You did the stickers far better than me btw!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Kpowell911 said:

Ive not ran mine! You did the stickers far better than me btw!

Haha, when I saw the box I thought ‘that’ll be a breeze’. Turned out to be the most fiddly rc related thing I’ve done to date!

1 hour ago, Ant.p said:

Finally got my hands on a Tamiya model. I had totally forgotten how boring it is snapping the part trees apart and then trying not to cut your fingertips off when removing the burrs. Got there in the end and no blood spilt.

Looking forward to getting the electrics in this and then wondering why I bought one half way through the first battery pack 🤣

image.jpg

image.jpg

Lovely, I really like that. As for breaking plastic parts off, this is why you use a pair of snip snips. Although if you have a booboo I can put a plaster on it for you 😁

• Haha 2

56 minutes ago, Redback said:

Lots of work getting the hyper ready, new front splitter made out of outlaw chassis, tons of work under the hood too.

IMG_20210720_031800.thumb.jpg.c2b1cd7be68a497a7423896369565aa8.jpg

Do you have a speed target?

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Ant.p said:

image.jpg

image.jpg

Im still on the fence about getting one  i know it will just sit on a shelf and look good  but i really like the look of it.

• Like 1

just getting the shell ready for a bit of paint  then the rain showed up  been waiting weeks for this to be done  so i can finally try my hand at mesh tape and shoe goo.  will be doing the parts the wheels touch  also on the body mount holes.

IMG_20210720_173200.jpg

IMG_20210720_173140.jpg

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, turok007 said:

Im still on the fence about getting one  i know it will just sit on a shelf and look good  but i really like the look of it.

I’m also still on the fence; not sure how much use it will get. Totally agree about the looks though. The Tamiya models are up there with the best looking and scale accuracy IMO. If nothing else, a beautiful ornament!

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, turok007 said:

just getting the shell ready for a bit of paint  then the rain showed up  been waiting weeks for this to be done  so i can finally try my hand at mesh tape and shoe goo.  will be doing the parts the wheels touch  also on the body mount holes.

IMG_20210720_173200.jpg

IMG_20210720_173140.jpg

Why not mesh the entire shell? I get that shoe glue is dear. I’ve used CT1 which worked well for less cost.

9 minutes ago, Ant.p said:

Why not mesh the entire shell? I get that shoe glue is dear. I’ve used CT1 which worked well for less cost.

i don't really bash my cars so only going to do the places that normally need it.  also don't have any bash spots  apart from a skate park  but im not going near it.

Forgot to say i do have a heavy duty shell on way  so that might end up fully done.

Edited by turok007
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Alex97 said:

Tried to save the M03 chassis, the last owner had tried to paint the wheels and somehow got the chassis as well! 

Some mat black spray paint and it seems to have fixed it until the replacement arrives (I might cancel it depending how this holds up)

20210720_195929.jpg

20210717_121104.jpg

Is there a mod that you know of for the battery tray to take lipos? I’ve seen the nimh shaped lipos, but I’d rather not buy them if it can be avoided.