• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

Started to clean down the Hyper

image.thumb.png.c6f87ca821c4401222945fff3ae0bed6.png

Signs of a good session I guess...

image.thumb.png.846af504d07cb3a3738d8008d7e4d1b2.png

My test replacement wishbone bolts didn't fair up to well!

image.thumb.png.75543b0801d05184c364256cd7f190e2.png

Whilst I liked having the lack of rusty bolts on the Hyper, I am guess that I need to get a stronger bolt here. Any suggestions?

Also the bearings are all shot in it al ready so I need to readdress my cleaning methods as I guess I got to much water on them.

Ian...

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, Tug said:

Stainless is never as strong due to a reduction in carbon. 12.9 grade blackened bolts are best, but will rust. 

Yeah I thought I would give it a test, but Mr Bendy Bolt tells me that I am going to have to revert to 12.9.

Explains why I thought the suspension was looking low last time I was out with it!!!

Ian...

2 hours ago, Tug said:

Stainless is never as strong due to a reduction in carbon. 12.9 grade blackened bolts are best, but will rust. 

@Fuzzock Could potentially spray with a rust protective paint? Rustoleum? Just an idea, not sure how it'd work.

Edited by Seminole81
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Seminole81 said:

@Fuzzock Could potentially spray with a rust protective paint? Rustoleum? Just an idea, not sure how it'd work.

Could be a good idea. Just ordered some 12.9 bolts to replace the bendy ones. Interestingly I can't even get the rear hub pivot bolt out due to it being so bent!!!

Live and learn. 😛

Ian...

45 minutes ago, Fuzzock said:

Could be a good idea. Just ordered some 12.9 bolts to replace the bendy ones. Interestingly I can't even get the rear hub pivot bolt out due to it being so bent!!!

Live and learn. 😛

Ian...

Just bend it the other way, job's a goodun :rofl:

What did you use to clean your Hyper? Not sure the best way to go about doing the Quantum's, but they're...dirty...from the last run out 😄

YEzFKgc.jpg

• Like 1

Just now, Seminole81 said:

Just bend it the other way, job's a goodun :rofl:

What did you use to clean your Hyper? Not sure the best way to go about doing the Quantum's, but they're...dirty...from the last run out 😄

YEzFKgc.jpg

The shower. 😉 (Whilst not aiming at the bearings)

image.thumb.png.214f2bfadab2d8e56f7895ab0a733120.png

I then heavily sprayed with GT85 and other lubricants, but looking at the diff casing which I took apart at lunch today there was water between the bearings so probably not the best thing to do regularly.

I am going to switch to letting the dirt dry off, and brushing/blowing it off rather than washing it every time. (I just like clean buggies!)

Ian...

41 minutes ago, Yrkoon said:

made dad a reinforcement for his back hyper 7 tower, looks a bit rough and needs smoothened and polished/tweaked plus found it harder to do than the front one lol 😛

4G8basj.jpg?1

Was this taken before or after the head on collision with the immovable object? 🤣

well done mate, it’s better than what I could have done 👍🏻

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Ant.p said:

Was this taken before or after the head on collision with the immovable object? 🤣

well done mate, it’s better than what I could have done 👍🏻

he can hide it behind the real one lol

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Fly In My Soup said:

Pretty much finished the scratch built stake side bed ..not bad for a first time bed

You can click on the pic and zoom in for a closer look

Rc crawler stake side bed

that is a nice looking job you done on it 🙂