• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

13 minutes ago, Shergar said:

Spent far to long pulling a RTR cheapie apart!

B033CB4F-7C9C-4557-9312-586546DA39C0.thumb.jpeg.5112f436ba4c38924bc0e17454aec3dc.jpeg

However all 4 tyres face the same way now, all 8 links are moved in as far as they will go, put 30w damper oil in, extra preloaded right rear shock (to stop it crawling with a lurch),  changed the transmitter, greased the gearbox (dry), red n tacky greased both axles (a pinch of factory grease in here!), dry lubed the prop joints, heatshrinked the servo cable  and of course scuffed the shell up 😂

if only the wheel weights had arrived 🤐 It really is far better than its price tag suggests 👍

It resembles a Ravine but better

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Redback said:

Did a tiny bit of wrenching, snapped a driver, that then proceeded to slice my finger almost end to end to the bone. Spent the rest of the afternoon trying to fix my body and clean up all the blood.
Went through the vein so it just doesnt stop bleeding. Was lucky i didnt hit my any major ones on the hand.  Maybe obvious but dont put any side pressure on bits and if you do, make sure no other hands are about.

Luckly had some rc scale luggage bungie that worked well as a torniquete to get it wrapped up.
And the outlaws got 4wd again and i have 4 finger drive, everything in balance 😜

Superglue FTW

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

36 minutes ago, walkbythesea said:

Superglue FTW

Did think about it, got plenty of tire glues etc... Yeah but nah, its to deep and to long to glue, really needs stitches but id rather not be a bother and dont really want them.
No pain, was such a clean slice, the nerves didnt get a chance to fire. Done worse when i chopped the end of my finger off with a meat cleaver, now that did hurt.

Picture of car to remain on topic, if your drive shaft pin falls out, use a body clip and carry on 😄 Edit: this has lasted longer thank the stock pins and been through 3 batter packs lol
IMG_20210411_000434.thumb.jpg.41d73206f583fe524d382c518671c201.jpg

Edited by Redback
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Alex97 said:

Ended up going for a one colour wonder for this, I've orders a John player special decal sheet so I'll get all that stickered up when that arrives. I've got a halo ready to be printed, I'm not a massive fan however I'm going to see what it looks like. Rear flashing rain light has been added as well 😂

The helmet is a FXT one (they do a few colours) with the visor coloured in black, nothing fancy but I like it. 

I need to order another motor as it's currently got a 3.5t in there turned down to 10%, normally people use a 21.5t for racing so turning it down 90% should be plenty controllable.

20210508_144028.jpg

Can't go wrong with black lol put some nice stickers on it will look cool 👍👍👍👍👍

30 minutes ago, Alex97 said:

Halo printed, I don't mid it however I'm not sure how I'm going to hold it in place! 

20210508_203035.jpg

It’s going to save the drivers life in a roll over, or when it goes under a car, so worth it😀, could you print it with a little pin on the three bottom faces , drill the body and glue?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Ag100 said:

It’s going to save the drivers life in a roll over, or when it goes under a car, so worth it😀, could you print it with a little pin on the three bottom faces , drill the body and glue?

I want to avoid glue as if it breaks it might damage the body. 

It's not my model so I can't edit it sadly. 

A couple of nights back I fitted a 1000rpm gearbox in the orlandoo xo1.  It's already got the n30 motor in it,so there's no worries about low torque 😊