• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

changed the battery on the 1:1 MY2000 Beetle 2.0 today.. it's not run for 4 years.  I started first turn of the key, brakes freed off, clutch seems OK and no brake fluid fell out when pumping the brakes, but the coolant warning light moaned at a low coolant level.. Taking the header tank cap off confirmed that a black car in sunlight sat for 4 years will suffer from coolant evaporation.

30 minutes ago, Guns said:

Wont foil keep heat in? It does for my sausage and bacon sarnie?

Lol possibly mate yhh..I used few layers to make the shell a little tougher, its heat resistant tape tho n I looked about hour ago and you can get similar sort of aluminium heat resistant tapes actually for rc shells, so I'm guessing not atm 

17 minutes ago, Carlos1988 said:

Lol possibly mate yhh..I used few layers to make the shell a little tougher, its heat resistant tape tho n I looked about hour ago and you can get similar sort of aluminium heat resistant tapes actually for rc shells, so I'm guessing not atm 

I could be wrong 

After inspecting the tire my Felony blew yesterday I've decided that it's not worth trying to re glue it. Think it'll probably cause more problems than it's worth especially with the Max 6 combo that's now in it. I do wonder if it might be worth contacting make it build it or logic to see if I can get a replacement as they were glued really bad to begin with and I know a lot of Felony's have similar badly glued tire's from the factory.

Edited by supersavage

If swearing would be permitted in this forum, this post would be full of words that most people wouldn't dare to even think..

4 hours (!!!) of drilling and 8 battery charges to get that threadlocked screw out.

Various normal drill bits, left handed drill bits, screw extractors and a hammer and a chisel vs a threadlocked hardened steel screw.

IMG-5232.jpg

IMG-5234.jpg

IMG-5236.jpg

IMG-5237.jpg

OUT!

I'm gonna put what's left of the screw in a shrine and place a curse on it!

IMG-5238.jpg

Edit:  @Nick If you require I will clean up my use of words and apologize

Edited by Jens
Use of words
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Jens said:

If swearing would be permitted in this forum, this post would be full of words that most people wouldn't dare to even think..

4 hours (!!!) of drilling and 8 battery charges to get that threadlocked screw out.

Various normal drill bits, left handed drill bits, screw extractors and a hammer and a chisel vs a threadlocked hardened steel screw.

IMG-5232.jpg

IMG-5234.jpg

IMG-5236.jpg

IMG-5237.jpg

OUT!

I'm gonna put what's left of the screw in a shrine and place a curse on it!

IMG-5238.jpg

Edit:  @Nick If you require I will clean up my use of words and apologize

Lock tight thread lock rc,s best friend 😡😡😡😡😡😤😤😤😤😤

• Like 1