• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Best Ever RC Car?

ed3030

What is the best RC car you ever owned? The one you loved the most? the one that ended up the most battered? Mine is probably my Losi SCT with a 3c LiPo stuck under the front. One set of rear wheels every two bashing sessions..... :lol:

HPI Mini RS4 or Xray T1M. Those who have driven one of each will know why. Simply the best handling cars I've ever owned and regret selling to this day.

Best RC of all time? Probably something made by Tamiya, they got the vast majority of RCers into the hobby in the first place.

• Like 1

Hot Bodies Lightning Stadium Pro.....the first proper truggy produced...its what all other truggies are based on today hell its still around as a HPI trophy !!!!

For me it has to be the Traxxas Revo. Nitro, then E-Revo..

Ive had many cars over the years that i have really enjoyed, some have been excellent and exceeded expectations, and i regret selling them,

some just haven't held my interest longer than a couple of months and found their way to the "sale section" here.

Some have been, Frankly, rather dissapointing, yet others rave about them.

But for me, the Revo 3.3 and then the E-Revo (As nitro just got tedious.) have been the most versitile cars i have ever owned...

With a bit of minor tweeking either way, they can go from being run around a track giving any mid market truggy a run for its money, to hardcore bashing and offroad like a Savage, Really is a hugely versitile car.. and as parts are cheap, and even stock its pretty tough, ive loved it every time..

This beast, my old HB LSP2 Pro. It never broke, never failed to put a smile on my face, looked gorgeous and took a mega beating. The engine I installed (an LRP Z .28R spec 3) was ace too, very powerful, would make the truggy wheelie at times. Was simply awesome.

DSCF0986.jpg

DSCF0983.jpg

Had to be my TS4n (Which for some reason was 2WD when i got it). Never broke down, ran like clockwork and was pretty tough considering i just rallied it round the street all its life.. sadly its too far gone for repair now.....

For me ... Thunder Tiger ST-1

First truggy I bought, and it was epic. Sold it...and really wished I hadn't. So I did the sensible thing and bought another one recently. Now has an RB .28ST motor which is a perfect match. It goes well, is tough as old boots, handles well and just never lets me down.

It's just always there when I want it, and always gives me pleasure.

As far as 'entertainment' goes....my Kyosho Madforce Kruizer is rapidly rising in my esteem. Now I got it relaible ( a process I have really enjoyed ) it just puts a smile on my face every time I run it. Takes half a tankful to warm up, but once it has...it's just plain fun. Not much speed, dodgy handling...but I just do not care :)

Either my TT-01 or my Mini T. TT-01 got me into the hobby. I went though loads of other cars but I always kept the TT until I got into off road. My mini T is my most run car. It's the perfect size for me. With the 8000kv combo in it goes super quick and is very controllable. It jumps nicely and I hardly ever break anything on it.

A nod has to go out to the good old Rusty, the one car I regret selling.

this is a hard one,

for being iconic and mass producing proper r/c cars, id say, tamiya sand scorcher, rough rider, mountaineer, bruiser etc. in the late 70`s early 80`s it must have been magical to unwrap one of these christmas morning and still works of art today.

then you cannot forget the lunchbox, pumpkin, grasshopper, hornet, madcap.

still today, the lunchbox is one of the most rubbish r/c made but its ohhhh so much fun to drive!! (this is what the r/c hobby is about)

for me at the moment it has to be the axial scx10 and the savage flux hp.

cant really pinpoint 1 car, i suppose 1 car for each type would be better.

if you fast forward 20 years, the traxxas slash will be a iconic car!

My old Shumacher Havoc is sorely missed. It was fast, reliable and great fun. Mind you so was my old HPI Rush, Mr Terminator bought them both lol.

Best RC I've had though would have to be my old CRT Pro with a cabbie ported and polished .30 STS in it, stupidly quick it would keep up with LiPo stuff no problem what so ever (4S and 6S) it handled really well and was as tough as old boots.A truly epic machine :thumbsup:

For me ... Thunder Tiger ST-1

First truggy I bought, and it was epic. Sold it...and really wished I hadn't. So I did the sensible thing and bought another one recently. Now has an RB .28ST motor which is a perfect match. It goes well, is tough as old boots, handles well and just never lets me down.

It's just always there when I want it, and always gives me pleasure.

As far as 'entertainment' goes....my Kyosho Madforce Kruizer is rapidly rising in my esteem. Now I got it relaible ( a process I have really enjoyed ) it just puts a smile on my face every time I run it. Takes half a tankful to warm up, but once it has...it's just plain fun. Not much speed, dodgy handling...but I just do not care :)

much as it is a dog made of cheese...i think the mad force may sneak its way into the classics section.

a bit like the austin princess....no one else made anything like it ( beacuse they decided to make good cars HA)

funny, evryone seems to have chosen differnet cars. Lot of HPIs though. and Tamiyas. the car that got me into Rc was my losi mini t, though it was so slow i would never buy one again.