• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did the postie bring you today?

53HRA

4 hours ago, BigGinge said:

I got my fancy new soldering iron from China. Should mean I can do all my soldering without taking stuff into work to use the irons we have there.

F2E170BE-D4DD-4C44-B3BC-23342259D5B2.thumb.jpeg.218240dd571f87e1fb4d4cd1c53590f0.jpeg

A quick test seems to show it working just as well as the much more expensive jbc stations in the office. Though I might try to pick up an extra chunky tip for doing things like bullet plugs and motor wires. 

Have you got a link @BigGinge ?

15 minutes ago, Shergar said:

Have you got a link @BigGinge ?

It’s an Aixun T3B with the T210 iron. 

https://a.aliexpress.com/_mL7Rlxe

When I picked this one I was looking for something that will be good for doing fine surface mount soldering as much as anything else so it isn’t the most powerful one they do. If you were looking for one to mostly use with wiring and chunky connectors then there is a T3A, with a T245 iron, that is probably better suited. 

https://a.aliexpress.com/_mrLD3gY

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Shergar said:

Cheers 👍 Is it a Chinese homage to an established brand, or it’s own brand in its own right? Just looks a nice but of kit.

The iron is a clone of the JBC T210 handle and can use the same C210 tips, the stand is pretty close to what JBC ship too but the base station is Aixun's own design. The company seems to be a new ish Chinese one that has put out a few half decent bits of kit now including a couple of soldering irons and a nice little bench top PSU. Anyway, with all this you do seem to get close to the performance of a "real" JBC iron (the tip heats up from cold to 350C in two or three seconds)

• Thanks 1