• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did the postie bring you today?

53HRA

24 minutes ago, wombat said:

Sorry for late reply, been ill, first impression is excellent, will be a good base for a build

That’s good then want the clone scx10 ii for a build I’ve been wanting to do for a while now but don’t want to spend a lot of money on something that will be cut up and all that 

5 hours ago, tanveer said:

spacer.png

stampede 4x4 today, didn’t particularly want one but it was a billy bargain and advertised very local to me. spacer.png

I didn’t know I wanted one until I actually got one won’t be without now love mine 😁

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RC4WD fan said:

I didn’t know I wanted one until I actually got one won’t be without now love mine 😁

I think your stampede is my old one too😂, I do like them tbh 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, tanveer said:

I think your stampede is my old one too😂, I do like them tbh 

Yea its  your old one, I just added a few parts, mainly the GTR shocks, a must IMO but not cheap. I do love them, I just found myself using the Maxx over it id I wanted a smaller bash to use. Id defo pick another one up if I found one cheap  local mind

• Like 3

18 hours ago, wombat said:

This was the quickest at 6 days, longest was 2 months ,🤔

I recently ordered from AsiaTees in Hong Kong on Wednesday morning and it was delivered in UK on Friday the same week!

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Lone-wolf said:

Confusing, delivered to UK but we thought you were in Black sea area

I spend some time in UK and some time on the Black Sea.  Having most items delivered to UK nowadays as logistically it is much easier that way.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Lone-wolf said:

Today i got the new body shell for the FTX Fury 2..0, a Carisma Ford F-150 313mm clear shell and various ps paints

Looks like it will fit well once trimmed and once smaller tyres fitted, excuse the junk shop of a workshop

Fury F-150.JPG

That's a very tidy workshop, you should see the state of the worktop of the guitar technician I currently use, or better still the way the guitar technician that used to work for me when I was trying to make it in music kept his workshop, not just a single workbench, but his entire workshop - to be fair to him though he was responsible for maintaining all my work guitars and that involved the use of lots of glues especially hide glue, and a lot of other either very very nasty chemicals or messy to work with chemicals like gun oil, mineral oils, linseed oils both raw and boiled.

• Like 1

HjDdF8.jpeg

Go the forum to thank for this one. Was a bit bamboozled with the choices available for a budget transmitter. Picked this one after reading some old threads.  Cheers all.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Basil said:

HjDdF8.jpeg

Go the forum to thank for this one. Was a bit bamboozled with the choices available for a budget transmitter. Picked this one after reading some old threads.  Cheers all.

Very good radio, i modded mine to use a 3s 1P 18650 homemade pack lasts for months on one charge and unlike a lipo can leave it charged at all times, i also made a mod to use it one handed used a lipo Velcro strap and glueda bit of tube onto it

3S 1P pack.JPG

pack fitted flysky.JPG

• Like 1

Just had delivered 2 x1 metre lengths of m3 threaded rod to make some longer suspension arms for the bitsa buggy, just need to find some 3mm id tubing to fit over them.

Just a thought, but would m3 threaded rod fit in 3mm id tube or would i need slightly larger diameter tube ?

Anyone know of any good suppliers ? 👍

Edited by wombat
another question

The postie brought me an Asuga XLR roller. It's big! HyperVS for a comparative scale 🙂

Can't wait to throw some electrics in it and get it out. HW 150a ESC, Surpass 2150kV motor and an Ecoboost servo should be good for now!

IMG-20230721-WA0010.jpeg

• Like 3

On 22/07/2023 at 10:54, wombat said:

Just had delivered 2 x1 metre lengths of m3 threaded rod to make some longer suspension arms for the bitsa buggy, just need to find some 3mm id tubing to fit over them.

Just a thought, but would m3 threaded rod fit in 3mm id tube or would i need slightly larger diameter tube ?

Anyone know of any good suppliers ? 👍

Just in case it helps anyone, i found that m3 threaded rod fits perfectly inside 3/16 car brake piping, which is good news as i have 2 rolls of it in my shed   😀

10 hours ago, psyklone6 said:

The postie brought me an Asuga XLR roller. It's big! HyperVS for a comparative scale 🙂

Can't wait to throw some electrics in it and get it out. HW 150a ESC, Surpass 2150kV motor and an Ecoboost servo should be good for now!

IMG-20230721-WA0010.jpeg

Certainly is bigger and vse aint small :good: