• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did the postie bring you today?

53HRA

2 hours ago, Jack Reacher said:

I am some what surprised at this one as did not expect it till weekend at best, or much later as it was ordered from an ebay seller, 60amp esc and 4300kv brushless motor combo for the carnage 2.0..................i am wondering if i might need a wheelie bar next

brushless.JPG

so it would seem i have bought the wrong motor for the carnage, and the ebay return process is proving a royal pain so lets just scrub the brushless and stick to brushed, i guess this can sit in a spares box for a few years

so it would seem i have bought the wrong motor for the carnage, and the ebay return process is proving a royal pain so lets just scrub the brushless and stick to brushed, i guess this can sit in a spares box for a few years

Why what’s wrong with it? KV might be a little higher than I’d want for a carnage but that can be compensated for by fitting a smaller pinion

8 hours ago, Wrighty8766 said:

Why what’s wrong with it? KV might be a little higher than I’d want for a carnage but that can be compensated for by fitting a smaller pinion

a very helpful chap has pointed out this motor the 540 has a 380 armature so does not have great torque, i will continue with going brushless, i am as well to keep this combo but just replace the motor with a proper 3650 around 3100-3300kv, by time i have paid to return the combo i might as well just buy the better motor 

a very helpful chap has pointed out this motor the 540 has a 380 armature so does not have great torque, i will continue with going brushless, i am as well to keep this combo but just replace the motor with a proper 3650 around 3100-3300kv, by time i have paid to return the combo i might as well just buy the better motor 

That is correct about them style motors but the brushless carnage comes with them too. Ideally a true 540 would be nice but that one you have there should do just fine as long as it’s geared correctly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, Ag100 said:

Love it, what are you putting it in?

A custom/home made Rat Rod Gasser, I’ll start a thread in the next few days, I’ve been planning this for a while, but there’s still lots to work out 👍

• Like 1

Not been too active around here of late, Just fell back into that falling out of love with RC part of my life, But  I have been putting the bits together for a new PC build, Just picking up bits here and there as they come up cheapish, And the last two bits turned up today.

First we have the case which is a Cougar MX410-T Mesh, I accept it's one of the cheap brands, But since people don't really move there cases about to Lan parties like they did in the old day, I'm not sure you need to spend a 100 quid on a case to just sit on or under your desk, 44 quid gave me a tempered glass side, 4 ARGB fans and 2 RGB light strips down the front.

spacer.png

Next is the power supply, Won it on eBay for £45 delivered new and still wrapped, So that was a bargain.

spacer.png   

Then we have storage, Took advantage of Prime day good and proper, A 250GB Kingstone A2000 NVME for boot duties for £27, A 500 Gig one for £45, And a Crucial 480 Gig BX500 SSD for £38, And a spare 250 Gig I had laying about.

spacer.png

Also we have 32Gig of ADATA Spectrix D60G RGB Memory, Another bargain at £110, Bought one set for 60 quid, Then the next day it went down to 50 quid, After I got over having the hump with it going down a tenner, It would have been rude not to buy another kit.

spacer.png

Then we have the cooler, Now I was all after getting an AIO, But I was on Amazon and saw this for 22 quid, And I just had to have it, To be fair, It's pretty well built and all RGBed  up, And for £22 it's gotta be worth a punt.

spacer.pngspacer.png

Then we have the motherboard and Processor, I was just gonna get a B450 of some sort and save myself 50 quid, But I picked up this and a Ryzen 3600 for £309, And I liked the look of it, And I can get a £25 rebate with Rate My Gear from ASUS,  Now I know some are gonna be saying why not just wait for the Ryzen 5 5600X, Because the 5600X is gonna cost at least 260, 270 quid, Making it £100 or more over the 3600, And the supposed uplift is just not worth that over the 3600.  Your better off putting that £100 towards the GPU.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Last we have the Graphics card which is a Strix RX570, This is a cheat cos I already had this laying about from a build from last year that I never sold cos you never know when you may need a graphics card, But this is just a place holder until we see what Big Navi has to offer, And see were the prices fall with the RX5700XT, And see if Nvidia adjust the price of the RTX3070 after seeing what AMD want price wise for Big Navi.

spacer.png

Pretty pleased so far, I've come in at £640 minus the graphics card, So if I can pick up a RX5700XT or equivalent for about 250, (Which is the most I will shell out for a graphics card) I'll be under a grand and happy.   

Edited by babylon
  • Like 1

Not the postie, but I went and collected this little lot

IMG_20201020_123011IMG_20201020_122953

I still have loads to go through, going to keep me busy for a while! I'll be putting up sale ads as I confirm things are working, but if anyone sees anything they like the look of in the meantime feel free to shoot me a pm.

IMG_20201020_122935

Edited by everclear1984
  • Like 2

a 2 hand ruster 4x4 vxl, I bought it for 200 euro thought it could be a cheap project because I allready have a spare maxx sct esc and castle 1410 3800kv motor, sold  the esc, transmitter and servo  for 80 euro, so I tought 120 for a roller is not bad.

But the car was in a horreble state all bolts are rusted out so are the bearings and rod ends, killed a ring gear trying to get a  bearing of it that was rusted on to it , driveshafts are gone, diff cups with no seals or washer in it and a lot of broken parts and things missing.

So far it is not going to be cheap, ondered all the spare parts and was going a little nuts on upgrade parts so in the end I spend 400 euro on parts and upgrades😬.

lesson learned, not going to buy a second hand car again without seeing it in person, it is not the firts time I burned my hands on a second hand car.

50495070702_f6c7cc9fcd_k.jpg

• Sad 2