• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did the postie bring you today?

53HRA

13 minutes ago, rushboy2004 said:

Got it mounted temporary - need to find a machine shop to remake the top of the mount from the Kershaw kit to make it wider for the ESC mount holes.

30uec0n.jpg

And run it this morning.

ESC is great - feels like a Hobby Max5/6/8 - need to play with the program card and see what can be changed.

About 12 mins runtime from full charged set of batteries to 3.85v left in packs.

Temps - hardly got warm. plenty of room to gear up

Brakes a bit strong but sure that can be programmed to be less.

forgot how crap the stock servo is on grass.

Anyone want to buy my old Alien ESC :P

Sweet! What voltage did you run? Was that the 380Kv? What pinion? 

3 hours ago, rushboy2004 said:

Stock spur - 18 tooth pinion, 380Kv, 12s

part 2 of video

Definitely looks like it could gear up. 

Everything icy cool? Just watched vid, those temps are good. Mine is suffering with silly temps on the front centre CVD, 120 Celsius today! That was on the cup on the CD. 

Got anti-spark? 

Best get back to topic. 

Edited by Tug

3 hours ago, saviown said:

not today, Friday, 3 ztw 12s esc's and programme cards, ordered 6 weeks ago , much cheaper than rc online lol

Three! What're they going in? 

20 hours ago, Tug said:

Three! What're they going in? 

all will be going in mcd's, 2 mt's and 1 buggy, going to replace flier esc's, nothing wrong with flier, just wanted to try a "max 5" type esc that did 12s, hobbywing confirmed they wont be making a 12s esc, I saw the ztw on another forum and had to get them?

23 minutes ago, saviown said:

all will be going in mcd's, 2 mt's and 1 buggy, going to replace flier esc's, nothing wrong with flier, just wanted to try a "max 5" type esc that did 12s, hobbywing confirmed they wont be making a 12s esc, I saw the ztw on another forum and had to get them?

Apparently it's ZTW that make the ESCs for Hobbywing. 

I can definitely see me owning one of these very soon. 

1 hour ago, Tug said:

Apparently it's ZTW that make the ESCs for Hobbywing. 

I can definitely see me owning one of these very soon. 

somebody else on here said same thing a while back, why would hobbywing deny they are "making" a 12s esc when they "make" a max5 and  supposedly"made" by ztw? 

35 minutes ago, saviown said:

somebody else on here said same thing a while back, why would hobbywing deny they are "making" a 12s esc when they "make" a max5 and  supposedly"made" by ztw? 

Probably misquoted somewhere, who knows. 

In other news; in my quest to cool down the front output cup on the CD of my beloved X2, I've ordered a tub of one million wt oil, I'll report any improvements as and when the stuff lands. 

When you receive a stock notification email from Modelsports and order a part you forgot you had on pre order with Wheelspin and both arrive on the same day.:banghead:  Oh well 2 wheelie bars are better then none :lol:

4ffae80c-0b66-417f-a76b-e4a0e9da6a35_zps

More tamiya paint at £5.50 free post im stocking up. 80% used tins from 3yrs ago still worked fine for me so i dont mind sitting on them. £10 per tin is way too much. This seller has a big selection of ps paints mostly £5.50ish. He ships them in individual boxes which is strange. I orderd 3 tins and got 3 boxes on diffrent days. But not complaining lol. 

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F222717853144

22 hours ago, RCbutcher said:

More tamiya paint at £5.50 free post im stocking up. 80% used tins from 3yrs ago still worked fine for me so i dont mind sitting on them. £10 per tin is way too much. This seller has a big selection of ps paints mostly £5.50ish. He ships them in individual boxes which is strange. I orderd 3 tins and got 3 boxes on diffrent days. But not complaining lol. 

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F222717853144

Think that's euro car parts. I've ordered from this seller before and ecp sent it.

58 minutes ago, tolk83 said:

Think that's euro car parts. I've ordered from this seller before and ecp sent it.

Ye it is I was looking at them and noticed the address is ecp

10 hours ago, stretch said:

LED lights which cost £1 each and some Super Swamper clones

4733.jpg

Those tyres work so well, they really surprised me on my Yeti :D

My haul today was quite substancial.

Not the postman, but I collected a Losi 5ive-T, Baja 5B SS, Traxxas Summit, HPI Trophy Truggy Flux, XTM XT2E, FTX Viper, Proboat Blackjack, crap load of LiPos, radio gear, servos etc... In sad circumstances, but needs must.
Now I need to start cleaning.
It's irnoic, I just spent the last four days gutting my bedroom, threw out 4 bin bags of crap, repainted my walls, it was all fresh, now I've got a load of filthy RCs back in it lol!