• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did the postie bring you today?

53HRA

31 minutes ago, Bert_w164 said:

What is this sorcery? Looks similar to an Arduino...

Much more advanced than Arduino, its  Matek F405 wing board, runs Inav flight software with gps, so it does auto level in angle or Horizon or cruise mode RTH allows the plane to come back and loiter at the launch point the board also controls live video with full OSD showing battery levels, and much much more

• Like 3

23 hours ago, BigGinge said:

More boxes for small parts. 

This time the sections are just the right size for what I want but there aren’t any removable tubs in this model (there is one with tubs but it costs about five times as much). So I have broken out the 3D printer to make some up; it might take a while to fill them up but should keep me happy for now. 

5A8B910D-1AA4-4333-AB6A-18D6DC0AB209.jpeg

D916C45B-3EBC-4B28-90C5-C1B68A75042E.jpeg

Nice 👌

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Jack Reacher said:

New wheels arrived for a crawler project, bought from Aliexpress have to say they are superb quality and cost about £15 shipped, arrived real quick as well

wheels 2.JPG

wheels.JPG

oooh I like them...I like them a lot 👍 Did the tyres come with them?  If not what are they and what’s the  diameter mate ?

For me, the Max 8 2200kv combo is the Bread and Butter of R/C.

They were on offer on Align Trex, so I picked one up. My intention was to get my EXB running again.... Since I ordered, Ive sold the EXB, so now I've got two of these for 1 R/C

m99Jmeg.jpeg

Worth keeping for something I guess 🙂

• Like 3

On 21/04/2021 at 15:07, Kpowell911 said:

So. I initially pre ordered this as soon as I could as I love the Tamiya Cosworth, I used to have the Repsol TA-02 back in the day, theyre crazy money now so this re re is the next best thing. 

Then circumstances changed. I went with an X Maxx and cancelled this order to save some money. My girlfriend asked me a few days ago when it was coming, I told her Id cancelled and she was genuinely annoyed with me as she was looking forward to

building it with me (she had no idea kits were a thing). 

An interaction with Modelsport on Instagram, £150 later and the next day:

pntOxnZ.jpg

Im absolutely skint now!!  Genuinely!

No electrics, no idea if itll ever run, but we are looking forward to building it together 🙂

Have you had much use out of this? I’ve a real hankering for a 1:10 road model as this is what I first had as a kid. can’t help but think it will just end up an ornament on the shelf?

50 minutes ago, Kpowell911 said:

I brought it to be an ornament on the shelf to be fair.  I didnt intend ever putting electrics in it. But it does run, although Ive never actually took it out yet. 

i used to have all these as “ornaments” lol. Just in my home office at the time. 

rwnEOP2.jpg

The Civic and Impreza were highly upgraded and brushless that ran.  The Civic I definately used outside, dont recall running the Impreza actually

The Focus TL01 was one I had as a kid so brought one sealed in box and stupidly built it and painted it, but never used. The Repsol TA02 I brought used with the intention of restoring, but parts were ridiculous price so never bothered.

I never even opened the 934 Turbo RSR box, and built the black one up but never ran it (I like Porsche 964s as my Dad had a red 1:1 964 when I was a kid). The Scirocco was cause I had a White Scirroco 1:1 at the time, that never ran either

The Ferrari was, well a Ferrari

Its a waste of money to be fair. Look at them as £130-£500 scale models….

That’s a decent collection!! Love the Porsche. I wouldn’t be able to resist using them. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, walkbythesea said:

THIS !!!

I simply can’t do “Shelf Queens”

Excuse it being off topic but this is the closest I get to a Shelf Queen, but it still gets taken down and ridden as often as possible - it’s too good not to ride 🤘😎

8E2FF45A-9646-40E2-B580-4579FC620E11.jpeg

Oh, very nice, glad you still ride it too, I assume this is before Trek took them over?, I had a Raleigh Dynatech Pro (team version with full Suntour XC pro group set). Still on 26” now 😀

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Ag100 said:

Oh, very nice, glad you still ride it too, I assume this is before Trek took them over?, I had a Raleigh Dynatech Pro (team version with full Suntour XC pro group set). Still on 26” now 😀

Yup, pre-Trek, 1990, one of the very first run of Attitudes - but let’s talk bikes elsewhere, I’ll do a thread in the lounge

• Like 1