• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did the postie bring you today?

53HRA

More tools and some diff oil, super fast delivery from align-trex, just a pain they didn't have all the oils in stock. Found it impossible to get three different rated oils from the same place so awaiting another two bottles from wheelspin. Is this usually the case or is it down to increased demand in the current climate? 

Still no batteries tho! 

DSC_0560.JPG

4 minutes ago, Acidsnow said:

A pit stand! Sounds so much better than my 'scrap chipboard box' with left over paint thrown at it! 

DSC_0553.JPG

I hear the Mojave is crap, if you want rid of it, let me know. 😉

Box looks fine, does its job?

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, Acidsnow said:

More tools and some diff oil, super fast delivery from align-trex, just a pain they didn't have all the oils in stock. Found it impossible to get three different rated oils from the same place so awaiting another two bottles from wheelspin. Is this usually the case or is it down to increased demand in the current climate? 

Still no batteries tho! 

DSC_0560.JPG

Wera, Proper tools.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tug said:

I hear the Mojave is crap, if you want rid of it, let me know. 😉

Box looks fine, does its job?

Aye Tug, it's a pure bag of nails, a fast, rolly, softly sprung one at that. Ah'll swallow ma bitter disappointment for a while longer tho! 😁 Box? How very dare you! That sir, is a pit stand. As long as it keeps it aff the deck or bench it's a winner. Space is at a premium just noo. 

Babylon, proper tools without the scene tax! 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Acidsnow said:

A pit stand! Sounds so much better than my 'scrap chipboard box' with left over paint thrown at it! 

DSC_0553.JPG

To be fair, I was just using a tissue box or the wheels when they were off, so thought I’d get something more suitable, but yes an old box will do. But does your box have a rotating top , and is it anodised?, these are all very important considerations.😀

• Haha 2

Tried anodising but the chipboard disintegrated in the acid bath! 😉 Ye've got me on the rotation Ag100! 

The wee one the tamiya lives on spins on a Chris King headset tho. 

Edited by Acidsnow

Arrma Granite - second hand and modified.

Mainly so I can design some bumpers for the 3S range, but also because the Kraton really needs space to run properly and this gives me a few more local options like the small local skatepark.8475607ad134968488194b2b7922f03b.jpg

9 hours ago, Paul Busby said:

Arrma Granite - second hand and modified.

Mainly so I can design some bumpers for the 3S range, but also because the Kraton really needs space to run properly and this gives me a few more local options like the small local skatepark.8475607ad134968488194b2b7922f03b.jpg

Getting excited now Paul ! For a bumper that is 

Set of cheap drivers from Amazon, I'll take one for the boys, £10.50, Worth a gamble, And really saving on the Scene Tax.

spacer.png

Edited by babylon

1 hour ago, babylon said:

Set of cheap drivers from Amazon, I'll take one for the boys, £10.50, Worth a gamble, And really saving on the Scene Tax.

spacer.png

They look like the tekno tools. Probably the same factory. Yet I paid much more! 

HOBAO SSTE

needed a buggy I could use as the savage project is too valuable to bash around. Have ordered ally chassis stiffners, have rebuilt all 3 diffs, changed the shock oils and spayed pearl white. Need to change the springs they are way to soft and change the outdrives. Fitted a hobby wing max8 and 6s lipo. Awaiting the st pro wheels to arrive. 

This model has not had best reviews but used for 10 mins and had some fun

20200719_170019.jpg

Edited by ivess3
  • Like 3

On 18/07/2020 at 16:27, Acidsnow said:

Ye'll be well happy wi that Hell horn! Do yer stickers look like they were applied by a drunk blind man? 

He must have been off the drink the day he did my one. They are not to bad. 

• Haha 1