• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Traxxas Maxx Slash

Nick

SHORT COURSE SUPREMACY
Traxxas rocked the world 15 years ago with the release of the Slash, launching a short course revolution and a generation of enthusiasts that have propelled Slash to become the best-selling truck in RC. Now, Slash is going even bigger. We MAXXed the Power, Size, Durability, and Excitement!

102076-4-MAXX-Slash-Action-GRN-5246.jpg102076-4-MAXXSlash-Chassis-3Qtr-Front.jpg102076-4-MAXXSlash-Chassis-Overhead.jpg

• High-Intensity LED Light Kit
  • Aluminum Motor Mount
  • Aluminum Steering Blocks, Caster Blocks, and Rear Axle Carriers
  • Aluminum Shock Caps and Spring Adjusters
  • TiN Shock Shafts
  • Aluminum Steering Bellcranks
  • High-Torque, Metal Gear Steering Servo
  • Aluminum Servo Horn
  • Aluminum Front Chassis Brace
  • Aluminum Gear Cover
  • TUBES Adjustable Toe Links
  • Front and Rear Sway Bars
  • Clear Body

Specification

• Length:    26.52 inches (674 mm)
  • Front Track:    14.30 inches (363 mm)
  • Rear Track:    14.30 inches (363 mm)
  • Ground Clearance:    1.54 inches (39 mm)
  • Weight (no battery):    11.78 pounds (5.34 kg)
  • Height (overall):    9.64 inches (245 mm)
  • Wheelbase:    15.49 inches (394 mm)
  • Shock Length (front):    4.90 inches (124 mm)
  • Shock Length (rear):    4.90 inches (124 mm)
  • Tire Diameter:    5.27 inches (134 mm)
  • Wheel Diameter:    2.2 x 3.2 inches (56 x 81 mm)
  • Speed Control:    Velineon® VXL-6s
  • Motor (electric):    Velineon® 2000 kV Brushless
  • Overall Drive Ratio:    11.38:1 (25/50 motor pinion and spur gear)
  • Differential Type:    Sealed, hardened steel bevel, limited slip

More info and pics here:

https://traxxas.com/products/landing/maxx-slash/

View full news article

Got to be honest I think I'd rather go for the Arrma Mojave over this but I think that's probably down to body style more than anything and I'm pretty sure that this will be significantly tougher than the Arrma. Be interesting to see what the price will be in the UK.

USA/GBP exchange rate isnt what it used to be and  UK 20% VAT, US has on average 5-7%  sales tax and this is added at checkout so not added to the display price,  it is what it is. 

Edited by locky
  • Like 1

Cracking news, this means there will no doubt be more 1/7th wheel/tyre options for my proper 1/7th short course truck. 👀

I'm sure the Maxx Slash will be a grand old time once you've paid the £200 aftermarket part tax to get it to run for longer than a pack without reducing itself to plastic slag. 😏😂 

• Haha 1

After doing some part number searching it would appear there are lots of carry over parts from the maxx so if you have a maxx v2 would you get this or wait on jennys to get parts and convert ? If it’s gonna be in the £749 bracket it might be a better and cheaper option for some 

49 minutes ago, mydoddy69 said:

After doing some part number searching it would appear there are lots of carry over parts from the maxx so if you have a maxx v2 would you get this or wait on jennys to get parts and convert ? If it’s gonna be in the £749 bracket it might be a better and cheaper option for some 

I did think this, as I have two highly hopped up Maxxs with 6S and 8S Systems, all the alloy parts etc But I dont know what arms they Slash will use (as I dont want to lose the CVDs) and I’d imagine the body/body mounting/wheels/tyres are a significant part of the cost. 

Im on the fence, but I didnt buy a single Traxxas in 2023…… soooo

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ReggieC said:

15 years since the Slash came out, jheez 🫣.

Do get the impression this is flogging the dead horse that is Short Course though, don't seem to be anywhere near as popular anymore.

I think the thing that helps the SC class is most SC releases tend to be parts bin specials. If you have a truck (or a buggy in 2wd) in the range you can lengthen the chassis a bit, bolt some nerf bars and bumpers to it, put some smaller wheels on it, slap a new body on it and out it as a new short course. If it makes a few thousand sales worldwide then you've probably made a profit. We're probably at the point where any new RC car/truck is designed with an eye of how many spin offs it can spawn for the various classes with as little effort as possible.

Exactly the same for the rally class, which is far less well supported than even the SC class and I suspect only exists at all as most are easily built from other vehicles at the factory level. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, mydoddy69 said:

Hmmm. More than I wanted to pay considering Id also want a new ESC. Im out. It shouldnt cost more than a Sledge. My XRT does everything this will, and is bigger. Id rather spend £750 on old Tamiya’s

Edited by Kpowell911
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Kpowell911 said:

Hmmm. More than I wanted to pay considering Id also want a new ESC. Im out. It shouldnt cost more than a Sledge. My XRT does everything this will, and is bigger. Id rather spend £750 on old Tamiya’s

Got to be honest I kinda think the same  for another £300 you can get a xrt or for £280 less you can get a 4s arrma  or £10 less you can get the sledge so this is a bit of a wonder. I’m not going to say NO but I will hang off for some running vids but not those freebie bottom licking YouTubers 

• Like 1