• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

My Tamiya 45th Anniversary 934

Kpowell911

On 09/12/2023 at 10:14, Kpowell911 said:

Ive ordered Kyosho Micron tape

I see I should have looked in here before posting up on the other thread. Interested to see how it turns out and hear how much "fun" it is to put on.

On 10/12/2023 at 10:52, wolfie1 said:

Know the type, i have the exact same for my kyosho blizzard. I did wonder if it was another model lurking back there, but looking at your pic now there is a few other tx sitting at the back too

Yea theres quite a few TXs hidden at the back haha!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

The MST Wheels came. I need to get new tyres as these aren’t as wide, but theyre much better detailed and a much better colour I think youll agree:

Here’s stock:

uyR6IX5.jpeg

Here’s the MSTs

rzLFwLt.jpeg

Theyre genius in the way you can set the offset. You lock it into each ridge providing a different offset. One thing I dont like, you have to glue them together once set. I wont be doing this as its a shelfer, just need to sort some tyres but I thought Id update this thread

Edited by Kpowell911
  • Like 3

Posted (edited)

Picked up some spare tyres. I bough about 10 sets of these for about £1.50 each from Plaza Japan, and refreshed my TL01s haha. I had to bite the bullet and pay UK Retail for these. Ignore the ESC

jLZO2wp.jpeg

I think the MSTs look far better, but I appreciate with more talent, you can make the stock ones look perfect. As you can see the stock rears are wider hence me needing new tyres

vLiEJPV.jpeg

ku2Ji9C.jpeg

Gone with 3mm front offset, 9mm rear. 

Before:

4Panvyl.jpeg

New Wheels, much better 

SyLLoTi.jpeg

Just need to add trim tape, paint the wing/mirrors then look into the wheelbase modification. Also means I now have a brand new set of Decals/bodyshell/wheels/tyres boxed up 🙂

Edited by Kpowell911
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...