• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Confession Corner

Leeb

Im very lucky with my OH, if i want something i just get it, but due to lack of space for my RC`s i tend to need the one out, one in policy. 

Have to say im rather fancying a traction hobby crawler, that new F-150 and if i were to i would have to sell all the others just to fund it

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Lone-wolf said:

Im very lucky with my OH, if i want something i just get it, but due to lack of space for my RC`s i tend to need the one out, one in policy. 

Have to say im rather fancying a traction hobby crawler, that new F-150 and if i were to i would have to sell all the others just to fund it

Theres always room on the ceiling, i know a guy that had 8 planes stuck to his ceiling, kept them out the way and looked awesome.

• Like 2

I just hope my wife doesnt sell my stuff at the price i told her it cost. A good tip is to bind an old transmitter to a new model and when asked if thats a new model just say no no look its its still my old transmitter, its just a new body

Edited by wolfie1
  • Like 1

On 17/06/2023 at 14:41, Redback said:

Theres always room on the ceiling, i know a guy that had 8 planes stuck to his ceiling, kept them out the way and looked awesome.

I have reduced the planes a bit and its working well for me, though one plane got killed in action and i had to replace it like for like (Talon Evo)

• Like 1

I used to be terrified that my ex would find out how much my guitars actually cost and are worth, rather than what I told her they're worth or cost me - I used to be seriously terrified about this.  My current partner who I've now been with for a few years couldn't care less about how much I spend or on what - that doesn't mean to say she won't make snide remarks like ''you spent how much on a guitar, I wouldn't spend that much on one if I had a billion quid'', as long as it does not effect either her or my  lifestyle or finances.  Saying that she does have her own very expensive hobbies that we do together, like metal detecting and such.

On 17/06/2023 at 14:41, Redback said:

You would be surprised just how much weight a standard plasterboard ceiling will safely hold, I can personally vouch for them being able to support the weight of over 200 electric guitars - guitar weights vary even among identical brand, make, and model, even assuming all of the guitars I used to hang from a ceiling where super light sub 5lbs guitars - average weight of a guitar is around 8lbs but 10+ lbs is extremely common especially with Gibsons, that's a lot of weight being supported, granted statically - these where guitars I had no interest in ever playing or even testing so where basically hung on the ceiling and forgotten about.

• 1 month later...