• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

RC Regret

wolfie1

ZD Racing Pirates 3 BX-8E for me. The buggy one. The motor mount was pants and the chassis really thin where the mount was screwed in. The mount moved if you even showed it a jump and it was forever stripping gears. I knew it was a lemon pretty much straight away, but I persevered hard.

Then the chassis gave up where the mount the mount was screwed in, and I made custom mount plate which improved things a fair bit but it was never right. A few months later I gave up on it and bought a Hyper VS roller, and then realised that's what I should have done from the start.

(So good I bought another Hyper 2 months later)

Not an immediate regret but as someone said earlier, I was tentative at getting back into it and bought an FTX Carnage which just wasn't strong enough for what I wanted to do with it and it took far too much money off me before I got an MT10 and was immediately much happier.

3 hours ago, stretch said:

Found it.....Vaterra Twin Hammers literally the worst RC I've ever owned

VTR03000_A0_GWF65OA5.jpg?sw=800&sh=800&s

Ah, I remember those! Released to much fanfare, but was not up to much!

• Like 1

Owned an Annsman Royal Flash for about 2 days.

Bought it with the intention of making a cheap project truck, replacing the dodgy bits and getting it going for not much cash.

Trouble was....ALL OF IT was bad.  Poor materials, poor design, poorly built.

6 hours ago, Grogg said:

Honestly the Tamiya TT-02 SRX, I should have either bought the TT-02S or better yet since I bought the £300 Yeah Racing complete conversion kit, just a TT-02 carbon fiber chassis, as the Yeah Racing complete conversion kit includes everything you need to turn an aftermarket carbon fiber chassis into a complete TT-02 rolling chassis.

Youre kinda missing the point with the SRX though. The reason its so expensive is the TRF420 Arms. They’re COMPLETELY different to the S/SR/R set up, anything Yeah Racing etc isnt going to be compatible with it (suspension arm/set up wise). Youre right its a waste of money for MOST of us mind.

1 hour ago, Nitroholic said:

Owned an Annsman Royal Flash for about 2 days.

Bought it with the intention of making a cheap project truck, replacing the dodgy bits and getting it going for not much cash.

Trouble was....ALL OF IT was bad.  Poor materials, poor design, poorly built.

That was my 2nd ever RC, I had the brushless version and it was terribly slow. 

as dad has already mentioned , the ftx surge and the kyosho dbx i will throw in the kyosho tracker 2 😛

possibly my thunder tiger drifter as well as it is so noisy out side with the hard drift wheels and dont really have any where suitable to run it.

Trailfinder 2 for me. Was fun building a kit, but in terms of driving it's awful (half a yard of slop in the drivetrain etc). Tried sorting that by converting it from 2speed to single speed gearbox, made it slightly better but still arse for actual crawling (probably okay for light/scale trailing). 

That was an expensive piece  of kit that i didn't enjoy at all. 

2 hours ago, Yrkoon said:

as dad has already mentioned , the ftx surge and the kyosho dbx i will throw in the kyosho tracker 2 😛

possibly my thunder tiger drifter as well as it is so noisy out side with the hard drift wheels and dont really have any where suitable to run it.

Omg i forgot about that 1 lol the tracker 2 total crap :rofl:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Stormbringer said:

Omg i forgot about that 1 lol the tracker 2 total crap :rofl:

yeh compared to the tracker 1 it was a pos, bert got it running though on brushless when i traded him it for a tamiya ta-04, he found the gear box was missing a bearing which caused all our problems out the box lol

if it wasnt for the tracker 2 though i wouldnt of bought the far superior corally triton to bash about the garden in lock down and now corally are one of our fav makes  of models 🙂

corally customer service is second to none, i sent a video of my brushless converted triton on the snow while enquiring about somthing else and the head guy emailed me back to replace one of the bearings as its a bushing on the brushed one and gave me all the exact dimensions for it, also when my corally kronos broke a steering servo they sent me a new one no cost 🙂

Edited by Yrkoon
  • Like 2