• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

The Beard Thread!

.AJ.

11 minutes ago, Fat Freddy said:

Funnily enough I’m the opposite. When I did shave I got terrible skin irritation. Nobody moisturised in late 70’s.  As soon as I was able, I grew a beard.

So really it’s hats off to you clean shaven guys. Dragging sharpened blades across your face on a daily basis.

Beards are for softies 

Weather hardened, see fairing, beer drinking, meat eating, powerlifting examples of softies that say "yarr matey" often. 

Honestly, beards are mostly for lazy people. 😄

• Haha 1

See i like to say that about baldness since losing my hair in my early 20s. Saves so much faff thinking about styles and going to the barbers. Set of clippers…im done ☺️

1 minute ago, totlxtc said:

See i like to say that about baldness since losing my hair in my early 20s. Saves so much faff thinking about styles and going to the barbers. Set of clippers…im done ☺️

Mid 20’s for me. No1 all over, sorted. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, m4inbrain said:

Until 10 years ago i sported a heavy metal mane lol. Hair always grew well, albeit relatively early grey (30s, i blame my wife). 

yehh being married does that to guys premature greyness or baldness cos youve pulled it all out owing to nagging :rofl:

• Haha 3

Wow, a conversation dedicated to face furniture and care of it.

You lot really are a multi faceted group.

I'm crap at shaving, ends up in a Blackadder scenario, looks like I have tried to...'accidentally and brutally cut off my own head while shaving '

Edited by Rustic Ade
Fat finger typing
  • Haha 2

56 minutes ago, totlxtc said:

Now that sir IS A BEARD! Suits you sir!

Didn't i recall you knocking groomed beards? 😄

It is indeed magnificent, that's probably a year or two away for me, though the moustache is going to be shorter. The one thing i hate with me beard is drinking/eating if i haven't trimmed it for a while, dipping into everything. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, m4inbrain said:

Didn't i recall you knocking groomed beards? 😄

It is indeed magnificent, that's probably a year or two away for me, though the moustache is going to be shorter. The one thing i hate with me beard is drinking/eating if i haven't trimmed it for a while, dipping into everything. 

Jealousy.

• Haha 2

It’s taken me a while to remember to take a picture but finally got one tonight. I suspect it won’t be long before it all goes back to a No. 7 now though as it’s starting to get a little too bushy in places. 

85AE37BD-A486-45AD-A894-7D3D5476A7CB.thumb.jpeg.50fe515a8fbe24de830996453e0b4985.jpeg

Conveniently the grey seems to have disappeared in that photo. 

• Like 3

If you lot grew proper beards, just think of all the endangered species you could help save by providing them with a safe warm shelter, that on a regular basis will have food fall into it, and get caught in it.

Grow a proper beard and help protect a poor abused and bullied family of red squirrels.

Edited by Grogg
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, BigGinge said:

It’s taken me a while to remember to take a picture but finally got one tonight. I suspect it won’t be long before it all goes back to a No. 7 now though as it’s starting to get a little too bushy in places. 

85AE37BD-A486-45AD-A894-7D3D5476A7CB.thumb.jpeg.50fe515a8fbe24de830996453e0b4985.jpeg

Conveniently the grey seems to have disappeared in that photo. 

Photo shops great for removing grey aint it :rofl:

• Haha 1