• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

The Beard Thread!

.AJ.

See that's a beard @.AJ.! Not one of these groomed to perfection hipster beards, with extra virgin organic hand processed vegan beard oil and their stupid moccasins and skinny jeans! Rock it well!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Fat Freddy said:

I haven’t been properly clean shaven for over 30 years.

Last time for me was 20 years ago, in the military. 

My wife doesn't like the beard too short either, but it does need some shape. Usually twice a year by my barber, which is also a proud bearded man. 

• Like 1

Can't braid mine, it grows more like "x-men wolverine chops" if that makes sense. As in, sides of the chin grow a lot, centre not so much, so if i try to braid (or at least tie it), it always looks like a weird loop under the chin. 😞

In regards to shelter and warmth, i can keep breadcrumbs warm for hours. 

edit: just saw, scotsman nicknamed Grogg, of course you'd suggest you need to look like Rasputin before you call it a beard. 😉 😄

Edited by m4inbrain
  • Haha 1

On 21/03/2023 at 12:09, Lone-wolf said:

Sadly I'm not allowed a beard or I would give it a go, I'm on second wife and both were/are anti beard

My wife isn't keen, but I asked how she'd react if I tried to tell her how to wear her hair.🤷‍♂️

• Haha 2

33 minutes ago, Fat Freddy said:

My wife isn't keen, but I asked how she'd react if I tried to tell her how to wear her hair.🤷‍♂️

I was going to say, but i didn't want to impose. A decent beard is the same as a decent haircut - my wife doesn't need to ask me for permission to change her hairstyle (which she does quite often, especially colour), why would someone need permission to grow a beard? 

I understand happy wife, happy life - but to me, happy life also means that i need to be happy with my presentation, and for that i need a beard. 

Edited by m4inbrain
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, m4inbrain said:

I was going to say, but i didn't want to impose. A decent beard is the same as a decent haircut - my wife doesn't need to ask me for permission to change her hairstyle (which she does quite often, especially colour), why would someone need permission to grow a beard? 

I understand happy wife, happy life - but to me, happy life also means that i need to be happy with my presentation, and for that i need a beard. 

For me its not an issue, part of me would like a beard but last time i grew one (to spite ex wife) it started to really irritate my skin so shaved it of

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Lone-wolf said:

For me its not an issue, part of me would like a beard but last time i grew one (to spite ex wife) it started to really irritate my skin so shaved it of

That's fair, i wasn't suggesting that you're in an awful relationship or something. 

Skin irritation sucks, obviously in that case a beard wouldn't work. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, totlxtc said:

I feel you there @Lone-wolf. Anything longer than 4mm and im trying to scratch my face off. Have tried many a time but it just gets to a limit where I cannot take it anymore. Hats off to you beardy fellows.

On 16/03/2023 at 20:34, totlxtc said:

The rash adds character 🤣

😉 😛

Funny enough, (good) beard oil actually helps with that. And despite all the banter here, most "manly beards" aren't wild, they're maintained. That's why i look like a murderhobo, instead of Jason Momoa or Oscar Isaac. ^^

edit: and yes, me not properly maintaining the facepubes is the only reason why i don't look like Momoa. Clearly.

Edited by m4inbrain
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Lone-wolf said:

5 hours ago, totlxtc said:

I feel you there @Lone-wolf. Anything longer than 4mm and im trying to scratch my face off. Have tried many a time but it just gets to a limit where I cannot take it anymore. Hats off to you beardy fellows.

Funnily enough I’m the opposite. When I did shave I got terrible skin irritation. Nobody moisturised in late 70’s.  As soon as I was able, I grew a beard.

So really it’s hats off to you clean shaven guys. Dragging sharpened blades across your face on a daily basis.

Beards are for softies 

• Haha 2