• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Wife Says "No More Stuff Until Next Year"!

Buggy Malone

there are some hobbies or sports where

the answer to "how many things of type X do you need?" is "n+1"

Bikes are well known for this - off road  bike, then you fancy a road bike, then somethign for commuting, then something old for Eroica, then just something to learn skills on etc etc. 

Same with cars yes? 

although the question of how to count them can get a little philosophical. if you buy another ftx vantage and strip it down for spares does it count or not? or do you only count running, serviced and ready to go vehicles? 

ps. I like the Kyosho in that picture.

and why three supras? Nice cars- you have one in real life? or just somehow managed to end up with 3?

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Jack Reacher said:

not long till you can start buying again, i can buy what i want when i want just cant find or decide what i want

Finding an ideal car is not an easy job from what I've experienced and in the meantime it has a habit of depleting the bank account.

My other buggies have been stored over the years and sit on a shelf but for the first time ever I'm now able to spend some time learning (from you guys) about the cars.

I can see why some of you fine fellows are so dedicated (or addicted) to the hobby as I'm going that way too, lol.

4 hours ago, .AJ. said:

So what are you buying tomorrow?

Lol, What I want and what I get are two different things AJ.

Ideally I want a new motorbike but what I'm likely to get is a box of 20 Nuggets from McDonald's.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, jariworsley said:

ps. I like the Kyosho in that picture.

and why three supras? Nice cars- you have one in real life? or just somehow managed to end up with 3?

I bought the Kyosho about 30-32 years ago and it has moved with me from house to house. I can't get rid of it now.

You're bang on the money with regard to the Mkiv Supes - I do own one sir. I've been into Supes for almost 20-years now :good:

All the best mate,

Andrew

• Like 1

On 31/12/2021 at 21:12, Buggy Malone said:

I bought the Kyosho about 30-32 years ago and it has moved with me from house to house. I can't get rid of it now.

You're bang on the money with regard to the Mkiv Supes - I do own one sir. I've been into Supes for almost 20-years now :good:

All the best mate,

Andrew

Pics of your Supra!

On 02/01/2022 at 19:32, Kpowell911 said:

Pics of your Supra!

Sorry for the slow response but I've been off-line while travelling.

Here's a glimpse of it but, be warned; you may be very disappointed if you're expecting a stock MKIV, lol. :good:

Screenshot_20220103-100126_Gallery.thumb.jpg.a77d9db638514172118966a9876698f5.jpg

Edited by Buggy Malone
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, Buggy Malone said:

Sorry for the slow response but I've been off-line while travelling.

Here's a glimpse of it but, we warned; you may be very disappointed if you're expecting a stock MKIV, lol. :good:

Screenshot_20220103-100126_Gallery.thumb.jpg.a77d9db638514172118966a9876698f5.jpg

What kits that? 

2 minutes ago, Kpowell911 said:

Not the V12 one surely?!

No mate, the V12 was sold in 2017 and went from TS Japan to the US in 2018.

My car is its later sister vehicle with the HKS T51R fitted.

• Like 2

On 08/01/2022 at 18:54, Hell horn. said:

My wife just said don't be a dick and spend to much on the rc stuff. Fair enough. I'm trying to keep spending on them down. But it's far to hard. Ha 

Take her out for a coffee and a cake and treat her.........and then buy some RC gear when you return home.:good:

• Haha 2

On 08/01/2022 at 18:38, Kpowell911 said:

Amazing that you own such a legendary vehicle. If my numbers came up on the lottery, Id track down the Mines R34 amd hand them a blank cheque

The R34 is an amazing bit of kit but, like the MKIV Supra, the prices have gone through the roof in recent years. I would hate to think how much a highly modified R34 from a top tuning house goes for these days.

Speaking of top-end modified cars, here's a framed magazine cover of my Supra

It looks a bit 'radio controlled' to me lol:

All the best,

Andrew

Screenshot_20220109-133043_Gallery.thumb.jpg.ac6f0b1ba1c572990aa3862c11f6dda9.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1