• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Help me find one FUNNY 2wd 1/10 RC Offroad car, Buggy, Truggy, MT, Basher

m-racing

Hello guys

I love my old  Tamiya Lunch Box, because it is so gooddam funny drive.

It is a classic 2wd Wheelie MT if you dont know.

Okey

I need something like this,   more modern,  Brushless,    ReadyBuildRoller or RTR

Max budget 300bucks,  with everything,     i have lipos and charger,   and radio and receivers extra one 

3670 2600kv motor,  also 3500kv motor  both brushless,   and esc

I have been thinking about this one

It is already RTR,

Is this car awaible as roller too? or is there something like this in roller version?

And is this  T-C Triton any durable?

VIDEO Team Corally - TRITON XP - 1/10 Monster Truck 2WD - RTR - Brushless Power 2-3S

Looks fun,  what do you guys think?

This is just for fun

I want one 2wd this time,   And offroad.        1/10 light weight.

Leight weight, easy carry to bashing spot 

Top speed atleast 60km/h  

This TRITON goes about 80/kmh

Please help me choose a fun and durable  2wd offroad basher just for fun

If it does alot wheelies that is PLUS,   i wish do wheelies also whit this one 🙂

I really like my Triton 

I got the brushless version and apart from trashing the shell only bit i have broke is the steering knuckle after hitting large boulder up the quarry and only upgrade was to the Corally HD servo saver as the standard saver was a bit pants 

My son had the Brushed version which he upgraded to brushless  good trucks and would recommend them :good:

• Like 1

Hello guys

Thank you all alot for helping me choose one 2wd  offroad cheap car just for fun Bashing , and wheelies 🙂

Couple questions if you guys know?

Will the cheap version of  2wd Brushed Stampede have same diff and drive line like the brushless ones ?

I mean, will the basic kit survive whit my own brushless combo ?  Is it tough ? or do the Brushless one have stronger/better drivleline than the Cheap Brushed?

i Have one 3500kv brushless combo left over.    This can be fun in one Stampede ?  Will The Brushed version be durable enough ?'To  Brushless convert ?

Corallys Mammoth looks fun too,  great looking Body also.

Hmmm this is tough choice

🙂

Edited by m-racing

4 hours ago, PraetoR said:

The Corally trucks are much more modern and stronger than the old Stampede, though. The Stampede has been out for about 2 decades!

Stronger in which way? Stampedes are really strong for what they are.  Theres an immense amount of upgrades out there too. The downside is There just very expensive these days. Otherwise id have one in my stable, and a Rustler is probabaly the better truck overall 

Id look for a second hand one personally

Edited by Kpowell911
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kpowell911 said:

Stronger in which way? Stampedes are really strong for what they are.  Theres an immense amount of upgrades out there too. The downside is There just very expensive these days. Otherwise id have one in my stable, and a Rustler is probabaly the better truck overall 

Id look for a second hand one personally

Just in that the game has moved on. The Stampede lacks the massively-thick arms, super strong diffs and reinforced structural and pivot points that were more 1/8-exclusive, back in the day.

When I had my Losi High Roller, the Stampede would drive straight through it, if a head-on collision happened.

Now, something like the old Pro-MT, or one of those Corallys, would drive straight through the Stampede.

The Stampede is a relic of the time. It's tall, spindly, sits a bit awkward and just isn't as solidly packaged. Buying a new one really isn't a good idea.

But yes, a used one is a better buy, but with a brushed Triton available for 150 quid... I still wouldn't.

• Like 3

Thanks for the reply, Ive had plenty of Stampedes, and to be fair the latest one does have the VXL Gearbox etc, but I agree the price they are today is too high for a 20 year old Relic. But ive never had a Corally

What are part avaliability  for the Corally?

Edited by Kpowell911
  • Like 1

I have the new HPI jumpshot mt flux v2  that has metal gears, very funny car to drive, the only thing I have done is put an wheely bar on it and the bumper of the sct model, changed the spur gear to 32pitch but that is not an necessary upgrade, its just me  I do not like 48pitch in a basher car.

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/product/hpi-jumpshot-mt-flux-1334545

51253918849_c0d8c79470_o.jpg

Edited by No brains
  • Like 3

My first option was the triton, but then I saw some guys on youtube breaking steering knuckles and poping off shock caps that has put me of the triton and bought the jumpshot instead, the jumpshot is more expense but you can get a lot of aftermarket parts for it, integy has almost every part for them in alloy maybe not the best quality but stil stronger then stock plastic parts.

For the triton there are only the stock parts no hopups.

Edited by No brains
  • Like 1

I have a very oild Stampede, bought for not a lot of money, which was converted to brushless. The gearbox and diff cope just fine, but the plastioc driveshaft links wear out after a while. It's fun and copes well with general abuse. That said, I replaced the chassisd with an ally plate one, reinforced with a 3D printed sandwich,  which also filled in the gaps along the sides underneath, which never looked tidy to me.

Would I buy a new one? Hell no. Traxxas should be selling them for half what they do. Mine cost me £50......and needed about £30 in parts to tidy it up.

If I was buying a new 2WD car, I would definitely look elsewhere

• Like 1

2 hours ago, No brains said:

My first option was the triton, but then I saw some guys on youtube breaking steering knuckles and poping off shock caps that has put me of the triton and bought the jumpshot instead, the jumpshot is more expense but you can get a lot of aftermarket parts for it, integy has almost every part for them in alloy maybe not the best quality but stil stronger then stock plastic parts.

For the triton there are only the stock parts no hopups.

I was in similar decisions re stampede and corrally so i bought the Jumpshot flux got the ST version and then added an MT shell as well but i now have  anew 4x4 brushless so the jumpshot is in the classifieds sad to see it go though

i have the triton and havent actually broken any thing on it apart from some different servo savers i tried 🙂

it was brushed but now has a ezrun max 10 combo in it and i only needed to replace 2 bushings on a gear in the gear box with bearings 🙂

heres a vid of it on brushless and 2s

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Stormbringer said:

Ahh the snow vid in garden lol :good:

yup and that was before the head guy at corally seen that and told me to replace the 2 bushings in the gear box when i was running it on brushless 🙂

in the vid that was on the bushings, i wish i went the full whack for the brushless triton as that brushless system is a hobbywing system just rebranded, plus i never knew about corally to much so took a punt on the brushed one and now i have a kronos lol

Edited by Yrkoon
  • Like 1

Guys thank you all helping me with this , it have been too hard choose self.

Always good listen to others also before buy new stuff.

This Forum is Great.

Alot helpfull nice people here.

Thank you all alot for helping

I will have decided to buy 2 of these :)

See pictures down please:

673383029_download(76).jpg.615d7ac46fa752c1243c65a315d59d7f.jpg

363926510_download(77).jpg.06948ad841e1b796284bb1b86306c86c.jpg

1340087106_download(78).jpg.8417ce9813406211279f847be7e60e4b.jpg

Corrally Mammoth XP 1/10 2wd Brushless Truck    This one looks Cool , 

And i will also buy the:     

310703113_download(81).jpg.44fdd96f0e8011b63d6aebbef5b8b4ed.jpg

96903619_download(80).jpg.a8e3a70ad189a875e9508b462a14ea1a.jpg

1687858317_download(82).jpg.405264dd5b4aabf0b857cb7683c48068.jpg

Corally triton

That short wheelbase must be fun wheelie machine

I will drive both 2s Ofroad, mostly  i got alot new 2s lipos

i will speeddrive them sometimes at asphalt on 3s lipos that i got some of too already.

Im new to Corraly

What is good check before first drive in 3s maxspeed

1Slippery Clutch adjustmen check is great do always i think ? Read the manual about that

2 Spray some silicone spray  over the car when it is brand new and wipe to help sand , water and dirt  also rust will stay away better .   I think this is great to from the Start

3 Check wheels nut is tight,  and couple other Screws

4 1-2 drop Grease to the main-gear behind the cover?

5  Check servo savers, 

7 reinforce the bodies from inside

8 Make new ESC calibration and check the settings

9 ? Any more good things to check whit these 2s-3s from Corally before drive them ?

Please write couple if you know about these cars

I will buy one of them very soon,  the second one i will wait 1-2 months before i order .

I will anyway have them both pretty soon.  

They look very fun, been watching couple  videos of both  at Y-tube

I got 8s Armas, 6S Armas, and alot RC Cars already.   Why i want these too?

:_

Answer is simple :

Sometimes you just want have fun whit One light weight car. 

Something easy to carry with you. Do wheelies, and sandrifting and so on :)

These two must be ultimate for that ?

Thank you all alot for helping

• Like 2

13 hours ago, No brains said:

I have the new HPI jumpshot mt flux v2  that has metal gears, very funny car to drive, the only thing I have done is put an wheely bar on it and the bumper of the sct model, changed the spur gear to 32pitch but that is not an necessary upgrade, its just me  I do not like 48pitch in a basher car.

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/product/hpi-jumpshot-mt-flux-1334545

51253918849_c0d8c79470_o.jpg

Love the looks of this new HPI,    i believe i will buy one of these coming autumn actually.

Great looking car.

You have alot fun whit it no brains i can think ? :)

On 27/06/2021 at 09:56, PraetoR said:

Get the Corally HD servo saver from their website, for both cars. Standard servo saver is rubbish.

Then check the shock pistons have been formed properly.

Then have fun!

Thank you

Yes i will change the servo savers and check the shock pistons if they need be drilled.

Im shure i will have fun with these cars 🙂

They look very very fun  in the videos i have seen 🙂

Price is fair also.  Less than 280euro