• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Maybe slightly controversial!

collective itch

Not wanting to start a mask debate. I’ve known several people who have caught covid, several of them being hit very hard. One of them in hospital. Fit and heathy guys.

masks don’t stop you inhaling virus imo, but they are helpful in stopping transmission if you have the virus.

not according to kevin Talbot aka mr eBay scam

56A4DFF9-2075-4B10-B27C-85BA30B73BDD.jpeg

111946B6-70BA-4AAD-87E1-EF1CA542FDAB.jpeg

• Like 1

Pretty much as the man says above, it's such a small effort to make, it's not harming anyone by wearing a mask, so at the point in which over millions have died, if the masks save even 1% it's worth it. 

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Bajadre said:

like said no bother wearing one in shops takes a couple of seconds to put on or on public transport the least we can do to help out atm like bert said any deaths saved worth it in my eyes.

i wouldnt worry about kevs advice i wouldnt trust him driving an rc let alone medical advice HAHA

How dare you, he is the Messiah of RC and eBay. If he sees this comment he might get excited and shouty...oh wait, no that's him on a regular basis. 

Edited by Bert_w164
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

You could even argue there's an indirect benefit to wearing them, e.g. psychologically by doing so, regardless of how effective we may think it is, we're all accepting there's a real problem out there and taking measures to try and control the situation. It brings the issue closer to everyone when we carry out an action specifically due to Covid-19. In turn that'll sit in people's head and make them more likely to do things to avoid the spread/give them better awareness. 

I can't say I'm surprised by his comment, shouty wanna be 15 again excitable man-child comments on topics beyond him. At the end of the day, he has a comfortable life, plenty of groupies, fame, success and the rest...As long as he and his are okay, I doubt he really cares about much else. 

Edited by Bert_w164
  • Like 2

Just now, Bert_w164 said:

You could even argue there's an indirect benefit to wearing them, e.g. psychologically by doing so, regardless of how effective we may think it is, we're all accepting there's a real problem out there and taking measures to try and control the situation. It brings the issue closer to everyone when we carry out an action specifically due to Covid-19. 

Precisely. Does anyone think we will go back to normal after this? i highly doubt it.  This thing will be seasonal, we have the flu and other airborne virus. People are aware now, and they know the risks and consequences. Masks are here to stay, maybe not government mandated but many folks will still wear it. 

• Like 3

That chap has some utterly horrific views on certain topics over the years on social media,

If he told me it was raining I'd still look out the window to check. I wouldn't pay  attention to anything he says.

Edited by Garry
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Late to this as usual!.. But completely agree on masks, everyone comments on how much better I look with my full Spiderman mask on ( and matching skin suit).... 🤣

But honestly, joking aside, it's such an easy simple thing to do yet so many( Selfish buggers) folks don't bother. In the thick of it I commented on a chap not wearing a mask in a petrol garage and he actually wanted to fight me!!And there's been many more similarly aggressive responses when I've challenged others.... NOT GOOD...

On the plus side, we are at least getting closer to being out of this current stage of the Covid chapters.... Onto the next strain now and global economic ruin 😁

• Like 2