• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Team Corally Radix 4s

Gaz!

Hi,

recently found myself looking at 8th scale buggies and perusing Modelsport’s range of Team Corally , almost immediately the Radix 4s jumped out of the screen at me, no idea why, can’t explain it but I want one soooo much.

now I’ll admit, this area of Rc is a bit of a first, I’ve had a Savage flux hp, e-revo, Kyosho xxl buggy and a Ansmann virus 2.0

all were run on 4s and were more than fast enough for me, now I sold them as having toddlers out with me meant only having one pair of eyes, I couldn’t safely (me personally) do all that.

now the kids are older I fancy another go, now here’s what I want,

4s capable is enough

1/8th scale wheels/tyres are plentiful in choice

electrics are easy to find too

don’t weigh a lot (gave up 5th scale due to size and weight)

fits easily into the car

i have a few pairs of 2s lipos to use 

fits nicely into the max I’d want/be allowed to spend

now my bashing would not be that heavy to be fair although having a Rc I can rely on constantly is always the aim.

so, what are we thinking? I know there is Ho bao, Arrma and probably loads of better options but I really like the look of the radix......:topbanana:

• Like 3

Agree with A.J. Corally are pretty good trucks/buggy's and the 3 i have do seem to be decent build quality :good:

If i didnt have my Hyper VSe i would probably have a punt on the Radix as well :cheers:

• Like 2

After my recent Team Corally purchase I can honestly say I wouldn’t look at Arrma or the Hobao. Team Corally just seem to push the quality far beyond there competitors and at a very attractive price 👍

• Like 3

It very much depends on what you're doing with them.

They're decent buggies (especially for the price), but by no means are they tough. Aussie RC (..) bent two of them (Python 6s and Radix 6s) each in their first run. The chassis is the same thickness as the Typhon 6s, but everything else is 1mm (or 0.5mm in regards to the driveshafts) thinner, like shock towers, shock shafts etc. Now i don't know if the Radix4 bends as easily, but i certainly would be concerned. 

I genuinely think that the Hyper VSe is the better buggy. Or the Typhon 3s, though there's a lot of plastic on it. 

The Radix' appear to be better on race tracks than the arrmas, but the arrmas are definitely tougher. That said, "pure strength" isn't everything - i've bought a Tenacity DB Pro because it looks simply way better than the other options, it's considerably weaker than probably a Radix4 and definitely a Typhon 3s. If you really like the Radix4, go for it. Or get the Radix6, run it on 4s with the option of "stupid mode" (6s) if the fleas bite you.

edit: in case you do get the Radix4, documentary thread pls. I was interested in it too, so following the experience might sway me. 

Edited by m4inbrain
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
12 hours ago, froggy8 said:

@Gaz! did you get this in the end? i am looking at the 6s one.

yes mate, although I bought a near new one off @SWF, only ran it on tarmac with road tyres and 3s as yet but I am very happy with it, quality is very good throughout too. :good:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gaz! said:

yes mate, although I bought a near new one off @SWF, only ran it on tarmac with road tyres and 3s as yet but I am very happy with it, quality is very good throughout too. :good:

that is just what i wnated to hear. many thanks mate 🙂 

you saying this car can take 2s and 3s? must be very light if it can. would also be ideal too as i only have 2s and 3s lipos.

7 hours ago, Gaz! said:

it seems the 4s version can take 2s up to 4s with a single lipo plug and the 6s version can take from 4s to 6s using 2x3s or 2x 2s with 2 lipo plug. 

i am leaning more to the 4s version as i can just use one lipo instead of 2.

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, .AJ. said:

Nice one, I want to order the proper turnbuckles soon anyway, so I’ll get the HD steering blocks at the same time 👍 

Servo wise, I’ll turn up the bec and see what happens 😂

kinda jealous but oh well 😄 

that does look a nice bit of kit, i am sure you will like it 🙂 

didnt know you could put the bec up.

And here it is, its pretty much exactly how I was expecting it, it a sweet little buggy and well worth the money even at £340…….

0028-F773-78-F5-43-AB-A828-ACCE21-A0-E78

I did get rid of the yellow XT90 straightaway, my ocd would have kicked in otherwise 😂

The only thing I’ve noticed is the servo horn looks very secondhand, the anodising is very poor and it has lots of chips and marks, I’ll email Corally about that tho 👍 

Luckily i still had the battery I ran in the Kronos, a Corally LiHV 6500mah 120c, so that should power it nicely..

The plan is to first check the diffs and then run it, at some point soon it will be getting proper turnbuckles and some more aggressive tyres though 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, .AJ. said:

And here it is, its pretty much exactly how I was expecting it, it a sweet little buggy and well worth the money even at £340…….

0028-F773-78-F5-43-AB-A828-ACCE21-A0-E78

I did get rid of the yellow XT90 straightaway, my ocd would have kicked in otherwise 😂

The only thing I’ve noticed is the servo horn looks very secondhand, the anodising is very poor and it has lots of chips and marks, I’ll email Corally about that tho 👍 

Luckily i still had the battery I ran in the Kronos, a Corally LiHV 6500mah 120c, so that should power it nicely..

The plan is to first check the diffs and then run it, at some point soon it will be getting proper turnbuckles and some more aggressive tyres though 

that really looks badass 🙂 

• Like 1