• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

maverick Strada`s budget speed runs for all

Lone-wolf

14 minutes ago, Stormbringer said:

Nice mate thats a good speed :good:

maybe its the tyre contact with body slowing it down a wee tad ?

Possibly, but I wouldn't have thought it would have made much a difference. I'll trim it back a little, fit new tyres and go out for another run. I'm still struggling for space, I think the only way I'm going to get the place to myself is to get there for 6am and I'm not sure I'm that dedicated 🤣

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, GMballistic said:

@everclear1984 it could be your ESC holding you back or batteries. 

Just guessing but when I hit a similar wall with my Typhon it was my ESC that was the issue. 

Just asking it to provide more power to the motor than it was capable of providing. 

Might be worth considering a cap pack too. 

Another factor could be the way you're accelerating. You do need to be progressive with your trigger pull.

Not having a large enough area to run may be forcing you to pull harder which then may cause your ESC to try to draw more power from your batteries than they can provide or the ESC can supply.

Just food for thought rather than definite answers.

I think to rule out the esc I could stick the HW Quicrun 150a in from the Savage, I guess that would be a good start. I definitely need better batteries. These are HEAVY 6000mah packs (running two of them) but only 35C. I'll look into something with less capacity but much higher C rating.

Thanks as always for the suggestions 🙂

• Like 2

Amazing progress your making, loving watching it get faster and faster, good passes, looks like D/R needs turning down a touch as lots of steering going on or is that the car doing it itself?
I think you will crack 80+ with your higher amp esc, what motor are you running now, is the castle rated for 4s?
Tire wear like that is why i didnt trim the rear wheel wells out, but i have a diffrent issue of the sidewalls rubbing. Fantastic paintwork on the shell, have you re enforced the inside, this will add more weight but as @GMballistic reccommended it also helps stop the body flap about another reason the body is rubbing on the tires.
I also agree the batteries might be a bottle neck, as your no got space issues, just try focus on weight for the time your running  a few passes on a 3000 -4000mha should be enough for 150a draw for a couple of passes, a good quality battery will be worth it!

Edited by Redback
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Redback said:

Amazing progress your making, loving watching it get faster and faster, good passes, looks like D/R needs turning down a touch as lots of steering going on or is that the car doing it itself?
I think you will crack 80+ with your higher amp esc, what motor are you running now, is the castle rated for 4s?
Tire wear like that is why i didnt trim the rear wheel wells out, but i have a diffrent issue of the sidewalls rubbing. Fantastic paintwork on the shell, have you re enforced the inside, this will add more weight but as @GMballistic reccommended it also helps stop the body flap about another reason the body is rubbing on the tires.

Thanks mate. The D/R is at about 15-20%, I'm just a bit heavy handed. I'll try messing with the expo, hopefully that will compensate for my lack of control 😅 It's a 3800kv Castle motor, rated for 3s but good for 100,000rpm so should be well within its limits. I haven't reinforced the body yet, it's on the list but I wanted to see how it ran first.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, pieman5 said:

Just thought id add a small bit of advice regarding lipos.

From my experience you should always run the highest capacity + C rate you can realistically fit in. Total weight of the car makes very little difference to the top speed of the car, as long as you have enough space. It also helps to keep the car planted during the run.

Gaining say 400g of weight to increase to like 6000mah 60C for example will always be more beneficial than saving the weight and going for a lower capacity 👍

Don't be afraid to add a little more weight to gain a huge amp advantage with the lipos. 

Thanks for the advice 🙂

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, everclear1984 said:

Thanks for the advice 🙂

No problem.

Run looked great by they way 🙂 

That 3800kv castle is a beast, i did the 91mph with my blaze in my pic using that motor on 4s, it'll definitely take the abuse lol.

Great progress so far. 

Edited by pieman5
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, pieman5 said:

No problem.

Run looked great by they way 🙂 

That 3800kv castle is a beast, i did the 91mph with my blaze in my pic using that motor on 4s, it'll definitely take the abuse lol.

Great progress so far. 

Thanks for the advice, also Nice to know castle 3s motors can take 4s. Would a 5700kv 1409 take 4s tho? 🤔

• Like 1

3 hours ago, everclear1984 said:

Possibly, but I wouldn't have thought it would have made much a difference. I'll trim it back a little, fit new tyres and go out for another run. I'm still struggling for space, I think the only way I'm going to get the place to myself is to get there for 6am and I'm not sure I'm that dedicated 🤣

6am is not early mate, come summer you can get there for 0400, have the place to yourself and back home for a couple more hours kip

BTW in your video, the couple walking the dog..................both heads turn as if to say "heck what was that" and looked like the dog though "gonna chase that, seconds thoughts maybe not"..........priceless

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Jack Reacher said:

6am is not early mate, come summer you can get there for 0400, have the place to yourself and back home for a couple more hours kip

BTW in your video, the couple walking the dog..................both heads turn as if to say "heck what was that" and looked like the dog though "gonna chase that, seconds thoughts maybe not"..........priceless

They actually stopped for a chat, they were really nice 🙂

• Like 2

Well I was up and out at 6am morning hoping to beat the dog walkers. However, the weather had other ideas 😠 I made it was far as my garage before it started raining!

Still, new tyres coming tomorrow and better weather forecast for next week 🙂

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, everclear1984 said:

Well I was up and out at 6am morning hoping to beat the dog walkers. However, the weather had other ideas 😠 I made it was far as my garage before it started raining!

Still, new tyres coming tomorrow and better weather forecast for next week 🙂

sadly we have to hope on the weather, i am hoping Saturday afternoon is kind to me, need dry roads to max out the vantage 

• Like 2