• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Castle Creations Statement re. XLX2 and MMX8S

.AJ.

3 hours ago, .AJ. said:

And then this was the game changer, still a bit of brick, but it was bombproof compared to everything else available at the time 👍  

BFF6-AD28-05-C4-491-D-AF2-E-EBB2-B29-A99

Only had one, BEC failed very early. Fitted an external BEC, still using it. 

1 hour ago, babylon said:

My  first ESC was 

spacer.png

followed by the 150amp,  If you want to know if your ESC is bombproof, Just throw one of these at it.

The 150 Amp was awesome, only had one of those because it lasted years. Only stopped using it when the caps failed. 

• Like 1

This is definitely not good for Castle but what I can't believe is how much some people seem to be taking glee or enjoyment out of this.  After all this hobby needs more manufacturers giving us better buying options as well as a variety of products to suit all budgets/model classes so I hope this isn't the end for Castle as it's definitely harming their reputation. 

Not sure what an MMM is either that some of you keep mentioning? Never heard of that ESC OR are you referring to the Mamba Monster 2?

I run the Castle MM2 retro version in my speed runner Typhon 6S and I've never had any issue with it nor my Castle XLX in my Limitless speed runner. I also have another MM2 which has been in various speed run vehicles and some more "bashing" orientated cars, ...that one I bought used and it's still going well so I've never had any issues with their products.  

As for Kevin Talbot he still ran a high KV 6S rated motor on 8S which regardless of Castle's current statement is still against Castle manufacturer recommendations that you get on the instructions for the XLX2 as it wasn't following within the motor manufacturers guidelines. 

Not saying that it is his fault that it went up in flames but he most certainly isn't blameless imho, but then nor are Castle. 

Personally I do feel sorry for Castle but more so for the buyers and sellers of the XLX2's as this is going to be difficult to get sorted in the long run. Lot's of people now have lost more than just the cost of the ESC as well which is devastating especially for the majority of people who unlike KT aren't millionaires. 😪 

14 minutes ago, GMballistic said:

This is definitely not good for Castle but what I can't believe is how much some people seem to be taking glee or enjoyment out of this.  After all this hobby needs more manufacturers giving us better buying options as well as a variety of products to suit all budgets/model classes so I hope this isn't the end for Castle as it's definitely harming their reputation. 

Not sure what an MMM is either that some of you keep mentioning? Never heard of that ESC OR are you referring to the Mamba Monster 2?

I run the Castle MM2 retro version in my speed runner Typhon 6S and I've never had any issue with it nor my Castle XLX in my Limitless speed runner. I also have another MM2 which has been in various speed run vehicles and some more "bashing" orientated cars, ...that one I bought used and it's still going well so I've never had any issues with their products.  

As for Kevin Talbot he still ran a high KV 6S rated motor on 8S which regardless of Castle's current statement is still against Castle manufacturer recommendations that you get on the instructions for the XLX2 as it wasn't following within the motor manufacturers guidelines. 

Not saying that it is his fault that it went up in flames but he most certainly isn't blameless imho, but then nor are Castle. 

Personally I do feel sorry for Castle but more so for the buyers and sellers of the XLX2's as this is going to be difficult to get sorted in the long run. Lot's of people now have lost more than just the cost of the ESC as well which is devastating especially for the majority of people who unlike KT aren't millionaires. 😪 

MMM = Mamba Monster Max. I used to refer to it as the 3M, I like abbreviations. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Tug said:

MMM = Mamba Monster Max. I used to refer to it as the 3M, I like abbreviations. 

Cool thank you. Learned something new today. 🙂

I prefer the abbreviations too, ....well when I know what they mean that is. 😆

Edited by GMballistic

6 minutes ago, GMballistic said:

Cool thank you. Learned something new today. 🙂

I prefer the abbreviations too, ....well when I know what they mean that is. 😆

Abbreviations are tight! K8 for the 8S Kraton is a great example. 

As for Castle, they'll survive this no problem, their home market is huge. I'll still use them where appropriate, best drive profiles, best programming via pit-card or PC, and by far the best cell-count system (especially when they didn't cheap out and their ESCs would auto count odd cells and not just even cell counts).

• Like 1

Personally I'd never own a Castle Creations system, you can pay a little less for just as much, or a little more for a lot better.

Their programming is impressive, however I spent about an hour fiddling with all the settings thinking it was really cool until sticking it in the most basic: throttle means GO, brake means STOP. :lol:

• Haha 3

I'd imagine the move back to castle is largely a certain sector - namely speed runners - as the hobbywings (I'm told by a friend, one of the fastest rc ruuners in the world) throttle the power at the end of the spektrum.  

I've never run castle esc's bar the odd one that came in a used rig, as when I came back to the game and brushless got affordable the consensus was castle made great motors... but less so esc's.

i guess castle had to come with a statement.

too many cars burnt up and a few people reporting burns frm esc going up.

i brought the xlx2 specifically for a 1/8 buggy to run 4s.

i can run this D wind 2900kv motor on mmm

mm2 and xlx with no problems.

i doubt a firmware update will fix the issues castle speak of.

And, surely the beta testers used d wind motors above 2000kv.

i think ima send the xlx2 back to castle .

inbound1412091153288694553.jpg